Page 73

He wakes up and reaches for her but she's gone J:"Nina! Baby!" Nothing, that's odd he gets up goes to bathroom, it's empty. He puts on a pair of pants and goes down to the kitchen, it too is empty. Panic sets in, he checks the driveway her car is gone. He calls her cell phone but it goes straight to voicemail. He calls Shannon next, S:"Hey Jared, what's up?" J:"Is Julie with you?" S:"Yeah she's right here why?" Jared's blood runs cold S:"Jared.....whats going on" J:"She's gone, Nina's gone!!!!" S:"WHAT!!! What do mean she's gone" He sits up and Julie wakes from her slumber Jared:"She's not here Shannon she's gone" S:"Maybe she went to work" Jared:"She's off till Wednesday besides her laptop and her bag are still here" Shannon:"Shit!!! Just hang in there, we'll be right over" Even from a distance the bitch was still wreaking havoc Julie:"What's wrong baby,
.........Nina?" S:"We need to go to Jared's......... She left baby" Julie:"Left, where?" S:"Don't know, when Jared woke up she was gone" Julie reaches for her cell S:"It's no use it's going straight to voice mail" Julie ignores him and dials Nina's cell it goes straight to voicemail Julie:"Hey bug......
Please call me when you get this we're all worried sick about you. We'll get through this mama I promise. Love you" tears fall down her cheeks and Shannon pulls her into his arms S:"It's ok baby we'll find her and we'll bring her home" Julie"I just don't understand it's usually me she runs to, why didn't she just call me" S:"I don't know baby, I don't know"

They arrive at Jared's half an hour later he looks terrible his eyes and his nose are red, he's been crying. Shannon hugs his brother S:"It's ok Jay, we'll find her" Julie looks at Jared and she breaks down Jared hugs her and asks "Where did she go?" Julie:"I don't know, she usually comes to me, I just don't understand why she didn't call me. Why don't you and Shannon go out to the lounge I'll make coffee and something to eat." Jared looks at Shannon who nods in agreement S:"Come on" Julie steps into the kitchen, it feels different somehow she remembers being in here with Nina, God where could she be...... she preps fruits bowls and adds some vegan muffins and brews coffee. She can see the guys from the window and Jared is loosing it. She steps outside first with food then coffee. Jared:" ......I didn't do anything!!!! For all I care she left because she thinks I fucked Leah!!!!!" Julie's been trying to block him out and let him vent, hell she can't blame him but he just hit a nerve Julie:"You want the truth? You're right!!!" Shannon and Jared look at her in shock, Jared almost goes off on her but there's something in here eyes only Shannon can see and he stops Jared dead in his tracks. S:"There's more isn't there" tears roll down her cheeks more from anger than pain she looks at Jared straight in the eyes Julie:"She's been seeing you fuck Leah every night in her dreams since our last day in Vegas!" Jared gasps as tears roll down his face "the nightmares" Julie:"Yes the nightmares, she didn't want to say anything because she didn't want you thinking she didn't believe you" S:"Why didn't you say say anything.....to me" J:"Baby.... I ..... I'm sorry I should have I know but I was just....." He pulls her into his arms S:"I know baby, I know, if it was Jared....... Look at me....... think sweetness, is there anywhere, anywhere, you think she might be?" She searches his eyes and Jared's, Julie:"I........ I don't ....... Wait there might be!" S:"Where baby?" Jared:"I'm coming with you!" Julie:"No, I need to do this alone" Jared:"Julie please! I'm not staying" Julie:"Jared please listen to me I know you love her and you want her back but if she sees you she might bolt. Please I know her better than you, I can coax her and bring her back but I need you to trust me" Jared:"Julie please........." His beautiful blue eyes fill with tears he turns to his brother "Shannon......." his eyes pleading making Shannon tear up he turns to Julie S:"Baby look at me ........I want you to call me or message me when you've got her, promise me" Julie:"I promise love, I will. I love you" S:" I love you more" he kisses her with agonized tenderness. Jared just looks on numb S:"Jared........JARED!!!" He turns to face him and Shannon holds onto him for dear life "come here......It's gonna be ok, she'll find her" Jared:"I want her back Shannon" S:"We'll find her" Julie hugs Jared and kisses his cheek and whispers to him "I'll bring her back, I promise"

Julie heads out uncertain if she'll find Nina but she has to try. There's a place on the beach they used to go as kids it's a long shot but she might be there. She takes a leap of faith and stops by Starbucks and buys a couple of caramel macchiatos and cinnamon swirl coffee cakes and heads out to where she hopes she'll find Nina with only one thought replaying in her head, "Please, please be there"
**************
She sits on the sand looking out into the surf her hands kneading the sand her feet dipping in and out of the soft and grainy texture. She see's a little boy playing with his pup, the poor little guy keeps trying to get the pup into the water but he keeps dragging his chubby little paws in the mushy sand. She absentmindedly puts her hand over her belly and thinks to herself "We'll be back with daddy soon enough, mommy just needs to clear her head" she realizes her gesture then shakes it off. When she was little she would frustrate easily when she had trouble remembering things, with time her mom taught how to meditate and clear her mind, it was so effective she still does it to this day. Her fingers knead the sand once more, she closes her eyes, clears her mind and wills the memory that's been plaguing her to invade her mind once more. She tenses up at first and grabs chunks full of sand in her hands but forces herself to relax her fingers slowly release their tension and her breathing becomes steady again. She reaches the hotel room and hears voices. She remembers feeling dizzy, nauseous, disoriented. She turns into the door way, she see's Leah trying to put her hands around Jared's neck his hands grabs her wrists so hards his knuckles are turning white. He pushes her back and she almost looses her balance, she turns at the sound of Nina's voice, she lurches forward as the vase leaves Nina's hand..... he was right a little higher and it would have shattered on Leah's head.

Julie steps onto the sand filled grassy trail, within minutes the beach house comes into view. wow can't believe it's still here she sets the coffees down on the deck railing and looks out into the sand, she's here. Tears roll down her face, she pulls out her phone and types in a text to Shannon "I've got her" and pushes send, she turns of the phone and drops it in her bag. She walks over to Nina and waits for her to be done her tear filled eyes flutter opened and Julie drops to her knees J:"Why did you leave me?"
*******************
I hear her voice and I feel instantly elated. Me:"Jewels you're here......" she puts her arms around me "......I'm so sorry I just....." J:"We were all worried sick, Jared's climbing the walls" I look at her and smile through my tears Me:"He is?" J:"Yeah mama, I wouldn't be surprised if he jumped out of a bush" I can't help but giggle at that J:"I got a surprise for you" she puts her bag between us and I reach in I see the Starbucks bags and smile big Me:"Thanks bug now where's my cof....." There's something else..... tampons. J:"What is it bug, what's wrong?" I look at her in shock Me:"It's nothing it's just...... I'm late, my period's late"