Page 37

He goes to knock on Shannon's door and almost chickens out! He thought of the dance floor and how he pulled Nina out of his arms, the way she responded to him even if she was trying to push him away! She was his, only his and Shannon needed to know that. He knocked on the door S:"Hey, come in" Jared steps in S:"I like your stylist, she has excellent taste in clothing" they were both wearing hoodies and sweats. Jared laughed at that J:"Yeah! remind me to give you her business card" they sit across from each other, neither one knows where to begin.

Jared finally speaks J:"So.....you want to tell me what happened on the dance floor" S:"I ....... I don't know, we were dancing, she was so close....... I heard her voice..... When I kissed her I knew she was talking to you not me.......it was too late" Jared felt sick, Shannon still had a thing for Nina. J:"Have you touched her?" S:"You mean have I fucked her? No" J:"Do you love her?" S:"No! J:"Then she's payback for Lea?" S:"No! She isn't Lea, she's nothing like her. I just.....it feels unfinished Jared." J:"So what are you saying" S:"I saw her first, she was mine first. I never got to see where we'd go." J:"You have to let her go Shannon. I'm in too deep, I'm in love with her, I can't let her go, I wont!!!" S:"I am not asking you to.........I know she's yours. It's you she loves not me. She's happy with you, you're happy, that's all that matters" Jared wanted desperately to believe his brother, but he's been down this road before, he knew better. J:"I know you Shannon, you don't give up that easy. I don't know and I don't want to know. Stop coming after her." Jared's phone goes off.............

I wake up and reach for my love but he's gone "Baby!!...........Jared" where could he be? His sweet scent lingers on the sheets, on my skin. I reach for my phone and dialed his number he finally picks up J:"Hey Baby what are you doing up?" Me:"You're not here my love" J:"I'm sorry baby I ............." He looks at Shannon for a while J:"I couldn't sleep so I came for a walk. I'm on my way back" Me:"It's cold without you" J:"I'll warm you up soon baby" Me:"Mmmm........can't wait" J:"I love you" Me:"I love you more"

Jared turns to Shannon J:"I better get going" S:"Wait! ........I'm sorry, ........I fucked up! There's no excuse for what I did, I was out of line." Jared stays quiet, S:"We ok?" J:"Yeah.......we're ok" Jared gets up and starts to leave, he opens the door and looks at Shannon over his shoulder J:"Don't ........ touch.......her!!! ......Please!!!!" He left Shannon with his his remorse and his secrets.