Page 62

The DJs music fades out and is replaced by the festival theme song. A voice overhead announces the MC. One spotlight dances over the stage while the other shines on the MC "Welcome back to the 1st annual IHeart Music Festival live streaming from Las Vegas, Nevada. This next band comes to us from Los Angeles, CA even though they are on their 1st tour promoting their debut album they are already making millions of hearts swoon. You men better watch out cause they will steal your girlfriends. Ladies and gentlemen give it up........ for.... 30..... Seconds ....... to Mars" a familiar tune with a mid-evil sound begins to play as the curtain rises. The emblem that Jared designed is now lighting up the back wall in a set of three, I think he called it a triad. The fans are screaming, the noise is deafening, Tomo takes the stage first the crowd goes wild Shannon joins his drums and the crowd gets louder, the song is replaced by one of their own songs "Conquistador" Tomo and Shannon come alive to Music and the crowd. Jared begins to sing as he takes the stage the crowd goes completely insane, pumping their fists in the air and singing along to the song " they were amazing to watch, the way they connected to the crowd and the way the crowd connected to them . The women in the crowd screaming their names and extending they're hands for a chance to be touched by Jared.

They are mid way through their 4th song and Shannon's already broken out into a sweat. They way he's banging on those drums, his arms flexing and glistening with sweat I start to come undone my heart beat speeds up Julie:"he's amazing isn't he? Ah fuck I want him bad" so do I....... Ah hell I take a deep breathe and turn my attention to Jared, Me:"Yes he is" he was working the crowd like a pro and they were loving every second of it! He talks to the crowd and removes his shirt before he begins his next number and the crowd goes insane. The sight if his bare chest makes me come undone. He sings a ballad he calls End of All Days, it's beautiful and haunting and thanks to his bare chest, intoxicating. At one point he grabs his crotch and the women in the crowd scream with delight, ah shit!!!! Is he trying to kill me???? Julie grabs my arm "Holy crap did he just do that????" I look at her in shock, Me:"Uh huh!!!!" Ah hell I want him bad. My breathe hitches, I'm about to loose it, he looks at me with a wicked little grin and bites his lip the women scream louder. He finishes the song and the lights dim, Tomo and Shannon play an instrumental piece while Jared heads toward me for water and a new shirt. He pulls me into his arms and devours my lips, he kisses my my jawline and neck. Jared:"That was amazing, did you see that?" I caress his crotch and whisper seductively in his ear Me:"Oh yeah.....I did" E:"I hate to break up this love fest but you need to get back out there" Jared takes a few swigs from his water bottle and puts on his shirt and goes back on stage. The music changes from the instrumental track to the final song Up In The Air. Jared:"Come on everyone makes some noise!!!! The crowd roars and the noise is deafening, Jared:"Does anyone want to come up on stage with 30 Seconds to Mars!" The crowd goes wild hands are up everywhere and Jared picks a handful of people from the crowd. They join him on stage their enthusiasm is contagious. He begins to sing and the crowd right along with him. The ones on stage dance and sing as Jared works the stage. During the first chorus colorful oversized balloon like balls are released into the crowd, and are tossed about like beach balls. The crowd is in a total frenzy with the performance, there's a part in in the song where it goes silent for a bit and Jared tells everyone to get down and they all comply Jared:"Hey you in the white shirt get down" the crowd laughs and screams. Jared begins to sing again "Take no more......" He jumps up and the crowd follows till soon everyone is jumping. Confetti drops from above like snow the crowd gets even crazier. It was amazing to watch my eyes filled with tears as I hold on to Vicki and Julie our boys have arrived!!! It's official 30 Seconds to Mars was a household name!!!!

The song ends and the crowd cheers, Jared:"Thank you Vegas we love you". The crowd screams and cheers even louder and begins to chant "We want Mars, we want Mars, we want Mars" Tomo and Shannon join Jared center stage and take a bow. The crowd goes wild and begs for more. We make our way back stage to meet up with the guys. Some girls on stage linger and ask the guys for hugs and selfies they happily oblige. Jared takes a phone from a pretty young blonde, he puts the camera high in the air and smiles Jared:"Ready? One two ..... The fuck?" Standing a few feet behind them is a familiar face. The blonde thinks Jared is being a comedian Her:"What?" Jared turns around but she's gone Jared:"I'm sorry I thought I saw a Ghost!" and gives her a funny face. She giggles and they take the pic, she thanks him and the guys make their way back stage.