Page 115

The sun rises on our wedding day painting the sky in shades of blue, purple, orange, amber and gold. The view from our wedding site at the Terranea Resort is breath taking, the ocean breeze sways the palm trees to and fro while the sweet sound of the waves crashing onto the shore echo into our rooms waking us softly from our slumber. Julie, the kids and I are sharing a suite while Jared and Shannon share another. The butterflies in my stomach are fluttering a mile a minute and I'm happier than I've ever been. My gown and veil are hung up on the curtain rod as I slowly run my fingers across the fabric I think to myself today I take his name, today I become his wife. When I think back to everything we've shared in the last two years I feel truly blessed. He is truly my soulmate, my better half, life without him is unfathomable. After breakfast we get the kids ready then settle in for our pampering session with our makeup artist and hair dresser. The suite begins to bustle with activity as our moms and my Bridesmaids Nessa and Emma arrive, I'm halfway into my make up when Constance walks in with a gift from Jared.

C:"Hey sweetheart, you ready to get married?" Me:"As ready as I'll ever be, I'm so nervous" C:"You'll be ok sweetie....."she looks at me and Julie for a moment and her eyes tear up C:"I just want to say thank you for loving my boys so much and for my beautiful grand babies, I've never seen my boys happier" Me:"No mom, thank you for bringing them into this world" we all hug and tear up Me:"Oh crap my mascara," we all giggle through our tears C:"Oh, I almost forgot Jared wanted you to have this" she hands me a small box and a note which reads "Today I finally make you my wife, thank you for giving me your heart and a home for my own I love you my sweet Angel, so much" the box holds a beautiful pair of vintage diamond drop earrings C:"They used to belong to my mother" Me:"Oh my God mom are you sure" C:"Absolutely sweetheart" when Grandma Ruby saw them later she said they almost looked as beautiful on me as they did on her when she married grandpa Leto C:"And since you still need something borrowed and something blue, this is from me" It's a white diamond broach with blue sapphires delicately scattered through out which I pin to my bouquet Me:"Oh mom thank you it's beautiful" C:"You're welcome sweetheart" Aiden and the twins are taking a nap but will be up soon so Constance goes to tend to them while we finish getting ready.

Once my make up and hair are finished its time to slip into my gown and last but not least my veil J:"Oh bug .......... you look so beautiful! Jared's gonna cry when he sees you." Me:"You really think so mama?" her eyes fill with tears J:"I know" Emmy runs in wearing her pink tulle and lace dress E:"Mommy pitty" Me:"Thank you sweet angel so are you" I scoop her up into my arms and kiss her cheek. Julian is wearing a little tuxedo like Jared while Aiden wears the guayabera he inherited from Julian and a pair for mini dress slacks. Julie looks beautiful in her blush pink gown. I'm a bundle of nerves but I can't wait to become Jared's wife. Back in his room Shannon is helping a nervous Jared with his tie. S:"Relax you'll be fine" J:"Just remember that when you marry Julie, you're still proposing tonight?" S:"Absolutely, not sure how yet though. I still can't believe my little brother is getting married" J:"Neither can I, remember when we were younger and we said we'd never fall in love?" S:"That was so long ago now here we engaged to two beautiful women.... well almost......" Shannon gives Jared a tight hug "I love you Jared" J:"I love you too Shan...... do you think Nina will like grandma's earrings?" S:"I'm sure she will, in fact it wouldn't surprise me if she's wearing them when she walks down the isle"

As the boys finish getting ready the reminisce over the last two years and how happy and blessed they are today. They are lost in conversation when our wedding planner David Tutera knocks on their door J:"Oh Hey David come on in" D:"Thank you Jared, you guys almost ready?" S:"Yeah pretty much, just making sure this one doesn't get cold feet" Jared looks at Shannon as if to say really J:"Not a chance, I can't wait to make Nina my wife. I'm nervous as fuck though." David smiles big D:"It's okay Jared it's perfectly normal, and the tuxedos look amazing although I have to say that tux looks better on your son" J:"Thanks David we couldn't have done any of this without you" D:"You're so welcome it was pleasure......" David looks at his watch then back at the boys "......ok guys ready or not it's showtime" Shannon looks at Jared and gives his shoulder a re-assuring squeeze. S:"You ready?" J:"As ready as I'll ever be" S:"then let's do this!"