Opening Night

3rd Person POV:

The day had run smoothly, everyone in town was stopping by for coffee and pastry, it was nice to have another location to hang out at.

Lavender was feeling like she finally really belonged in this town having something with her name on it.

It was almost closing time 5:48 pm and Lavender had started to clean up from the day when she heard a bell chime signaling someone coming into the shop,

"Welcome to Lavender and Honey, I'll be right with you,"

"Take your time love," she looks up to see Klaus,

"Ah, was wondering when you'd pop up again,"

Klaus tilts his head a little confused why she's not responding in fear,

"Well no need to wonder any longer, you know it's the funniest thing but I could have sworn I saw my brother walking around here earlier, and seeing how I personally drove a dagger through his heart not 2 weeks ago I was wondering how that was possible,"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Vee invites him

Elijah hearing this from upstairs comes down into the bakery,

"Good evening brother,"

"Acting as her bodyguard, how far you have fallen Elijah," Klaus taunts,

"Actually I've moved in, Victoria and I are together,"

Klaus knew this already but normally Elijah would be so afraid of what he would do to someone he loved he would hide it for as long as possible, it was almost like Elijah no longer cared what he thought.

"Congratulations, picking out baby names together?"

"Klaus why don't we all have a seat together there are some things I need to tell you," Victoria explains

Very warily Klaus comes further into the shop and takes a seat at a small table in the back,

"Perhaps I should begin," Elijah offers, "When Victoria found me I wasn't the only coffin, there were 4 others, naturally we had a peek."

Victoria reaches over and places her hand on top of Klaus' "I hate you for hurting Elijah but I am really proud of you for letting Finn go,"

After Esther left Elijah went to move his siblings to another more secure location and in doing so discovered his brother Finn had been undaggered.

Klaus narrows his eyes at Vee's hand on his not used to having a friendly touch

"whatever,"

Elijah sighs not expecting more from his brother, "there was one other coffin that was also of interest,"

this gets Klaus' attention,

"Our mother,"

Klaus is alarmed now, "you managed to open it?!"

"We did but Elijah handled it, she's not coming after you," Vee explains

Klaus doesn't look convinced,

"Unfortunately in order to stop her, I ended up changing her to be like us,"

"She would never go through with the transformation," Klaus argues

"Victoria had a piece of information that made her reconsider, it's about our sister,"

"And what did Rebekah have to do with anything?"

"Nothing, this was about Freya, our other sister... she didn't die of the plague but instead was stolen,"

Vee was still keeping who had taken Freya and why a secret.