Secret Agent, man.

Victoria POV:

When I got home from the grill that night Damon was waiting by my front door.

"What are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously, hoping he hadn't conned an invitation in by Matty.

"Nice place, really denigrates the phrase white trash," he replies. 

Man, he was a dick early season 1.

"What do you want?" I ask again running out of patience. 

"Watch it," he tells me threateningly "just because I am allowing you to live a few weeks longer than you should doesn't mean I won't go to extreme lengths to teach you manners." 

I decide to keep any smart remarks to myself and let him get on with his showboating.

"I believe there was a certain promise of information... you know to prove your usefulness. Time to pay up." 

Right, I had forgotten.

"Your dad's grave," I tell him.

"What?"

"If you don't find it morally objectionable you should dig up your father's grave. Buried with him is Emily Bennet's grimoire. Since she did the spell to seal the tomb then..."

"How to unseal the tomb would also be in there... and I assure you there is nothing I find morally objectionable, well apart from filling my tank with regular, now that's just sinful." 

He moves out of the way allowing me to get to the door.

"Gonna invite me in?" He asks

"Don't you have some digging to do?" I reply as I fish my keys out.

"Just want to make sure I can access you to make you suffer in unimaginable ways if you're lying to me."

"I'm sure you'd find away around it."

"hmm, I'm sure your right." He bopped me on the nose and sauntered away.

"Until then my little secret agent."

3rd Person POV:

At the boarding house Elena and Stefan shared an epic moment and an epic kiss, then she left and Stefan stayed up waiting for Damon to come home so he could warn him away from Vicki. Stefan was intrigued Victoria had a bracelet laced with vervain it did give him an idea on how to protect Elena tho.

Finally, around 1 am Damon came in covered in dirt.

"What... where have you been?" Stefan stumbled to ask thrown off by his brother's dirty appearance. 

"Aw, baby brother worried about me. Hey, I thought you'd be happy me taking the time to hide my kills," Damon said hinting he was covered in dirt because he just buried someone instead of the truth he had recently unburied their father.

"I'd be happier if there weren't any kills to hide," Stefan tells him.

"Well, that's just wanting your cake and eating it too, very greedy." 

Stefan gave up talking to Damon and went up to bed. Damon opened his jacket and produced the grimoire he had dug up. Smirking to himself before going up to bed himself.

(A/N: because Damon was distracted with Victoria and digging up his dad's grave he didn't compel or sleep with Caroline)

Vicki had a whole week before she found herself in another episode. In that time she worked with Damon giving him just enough to keep her useful but not too much that he didn't still need her, it was a hard line to walk. She kept up with classes, broke up with Tyler, and showed up for all her shifts at work. People were starting to talk about the changes in her.