Dammit Damon

I approached behind Enzo to see who tried to grab me, and I am shocked.

It was... 

.

.

.

Tanner!

V: "Mr. Tanner? What are you doing?"

E: "You know him?"

V: "Uh, sorta he's my history teacher,"

T: "I was until I woke up like this... I smelled you from the woods as you were walking, I needed a taste, it was too much to fight, and then the sunset... I had to." He tries to get out of Enzo's grip but Enzo easily slams him down to the ground.

I look around making sure none of my neighbors are watching.

V: "You're a vampire? How?"

T: "Damon Salvatore,"

V: "Damon? He turned you why?"

T: "Something about not letting you win anymore."

V: "Win? how does Damon think I'm winning?"

E: "Well, sorry mate I'm afraid your eternal life will be a short one." Before I know what he's doing Enzo rips out Tanner's heart and disappears the body.

When he gets back I am sitting on the front stoop with my head between my legs trying not to throw up.

E: "Come on love, it's alright, it's all taken care of."

V: "No, no it's not... if Damon overheard Stefan or- oh crap he must have read it in his diary! If he... then he knows everyone he was supposed to hurt or kill since coming here... he's going to undo everything!"

E: "Then we'll stop him."

V: "How? Stefan isn't strong enough on animal blood and I don't know anything about taking down a vampire, I've only lasted this long due to my knowledge and clever... thoroughly planned strategies!" 

I am starting to hyperventilate as I panic more and more suddenly Enzo is in front of me, he takes me and pulls me into a hug.

I start to be able to breathe again.

V: "Thanks I needed that."

E: "I've noticed... whenever someone hugs you-- you close your eyes in bliss, like a man who was given a glass of water in the desert. You desire connection, if anyone understands that it is me."

I hold onto Enzo tighter, thanking him for understanding me, I feel less alone now. It's nice, peaceful, hopeful.

E: "Alright, now come on, we are going to need a list to know who needs protection."

V: "Alright, there was Tanner, me, Caroline, Bonnie's Grams, Lexie, Bree, uhh Jeremy maybe... I don't know, I think that's it I can't think of anyone else."

E: "Alright, call Stefan check with him to make sure you didn't mention anyone else." He starts to walk off,

V: "Alright, wait where are you going?"

E: "It's time to pay an old friend a visit."