Grandma

Elijah POV:

Ever since my time locked in that coffin, my prolonged waking nightmare, I have had trouble sleeping. Having a newborn I made it work in my favor, it's not as though I needed a lot of sleep to function anyway. Still the feeling of restlessness was wearing on me. 

"aghulg" Henrik gurgled bringing my attention back to him and his needs. I smiled at my little boy.

"I think you are enjoying these one-on-one gentlemen's nights we've been having."

Henrik smiled and I felt lightness enter my heart, that was until a truly horrific smell entered my nostrils.

I shake my head at my boy trying to be mad at him but I fear my days as a feared and intimidating original are over, I am now truly ruled over by this 9lb tyrant.

Aside from sleeping better, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

After settling the little prince down again I went back to bed and pulled Lavender in close to me. I buried my nose in her hair and exhaled all my worries. 

Sadly an hour later when sleep still hadn't taken me they came back. I think the problem is I can't lie still, just when I am starting to dose off a panic grips me and I need to move, even if it's just a toe I need to reassure my brain that it is not trapped in my paralyzed body. 

And thus another sleepless night is ahead of me.

I turn over and stare at Lavender watching her resting peacefully and I think back to what she told me earlier about missing her mother and living with this intense longing that may never go away. 

I find focusing on others especially my loved ones is the best medicine for me right now until I am past this plaguing anxiety. 

Vee POV:

"Lavender, darling, it is time to wake," a smooth and sexy voice gently pulls me from my slumber. I smile and stretch looking up to find Elijah hovering above me

"This is a nice wake-up call,"

"Get dressed and then meet us in the car," he tells me giving me a pick peck on the lips before climbing off the bed.

"The car? what are you talking about?"

"I've arranged a little weekend trip for us, everything with the bakery is covered, trust me."

I want to argue but to what I'm not sure,

Deciding to trust Elijah and go with it I get out of bed and quickly dress.

3rd Person POV:

Vee gets in the back seat of the car so she can keep an eye on Henrik. Once they are all settled in Elijah pulls away.

"So, tell me the truth. This spontaneous trip... is it just an elaborate way of getting out of having to make bagels?"

Elijah smiles, "perhaps partly, close your eyes if you want, we have a long drive ahead of us."

Vee studies him in the mirror from the back, "where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," is all he says.

6 hours later (I know it would be longer than that however let's assume Elijah drives really fast)

"Why are we here?" Vee asks tersely, very wary as to what Elijah has planned.

The closer they got the more obvious it was where their final destination would be, Vee's hometown.