10 minutes later...

            "Feeling better?" Dick asked as he slowly pushes my shoulders back. He wipes my tears away with his thumbs.
            Usually, no matter how much I cry, I still feel the same after a while. The saying, you'll feel better if you let it all out, doesn't work on me. I may not have any tears left to cry but I'm still sobbing with invisible tears.
            "Yes." I lied, to not make him feel bad. "Thank you."
            "You're welcome." He smiles. "Hey cheer up... we've got a surprise waiting for you downstairs.
            "Surprise?" I rub the extra tears from my eyes. "What is it?
            "Why don't we go down and see." He said.
            He takes his arm back and walks over to the door. He opens it and moves next to it.
            "Shall we?" He gestures toward the exit.
            I got off my feet and flew towards the bedside table to take my phone. I pick it up and slide it down my pocket. I then turn and head towards Dick.
            We began walking towards the stairs which were directed towards the kitchen. It didn't take long before the mouth-watering smell of fried goodies filled my nose.
            We arrived in the doorsteps of the kitchen... and to my surprise, the Bat Family is seated around the dining table that looked like it belongs in a castle.

The table was filled with food and decors such as candles, fruit baskets, and origami napkins to complement the delicacies

The table was filled with food and decors such as candles, fruit baskets, and origami napkins to complement the delicacies. There was nachos, Quesadilla, pizza, some greens and the main course, a large serving of cheese fondue.
            Aside from the table, the dining area looked a lot like a high-class restaurant. The surrounding was dim with long orange lights hanging from the ceiling and jazz music, as well as cool air conditioning, filled the atmosphere.
            I really feel like I don't belong in such a fancy environment.
            "Sup little J." Tim waves towards me.
            "Hey." Jason gaze towards me and back quickly. He didn't exactly have a happy expression.
            "Jonathan, please, sit anywhere you like," Alfred said as he was carrying a large serving of chili. He places it on the table and takes off his oven mitt and apron. "Now that we're all here, dig in!"
            With that being said, Jason and Tim reached for one of the large cheesy pizza like they were in a competition. They started stuffing their faces with it and other foods as well.
            "Take a seat, little dude, and have as much as you want." Dick taps my shoulders. "You must be starving."
            He walks over to where Jason and Tim were seated and sat on the empty seat between them.
            It turns out the table had 4 more empty seats which I'm guessing two of them were for Alfred and Damian. And the other two was for their extra guest.
            I walk towards the empty seat next to Bruce and took a seat. The table was set up so fancy. Seated in front of me were a plate with three kinds of knives, a pair of utensils, and a wine glass filled with sparkling juice rather than wine-- thank Rao--
            I didn't know where to begin. Everyone else was enjoying their meals and having a conversation.
            Heck, I didn't even know which food, to begin with.
            "Eat up, Jonathan." Alfred came next to me and help fill my plate with pizza and mashed potatoes as well as another condiment. "All these are hand made so have as much as you want. Don't be shy."
            "Thanks a lot, Alfred," I said. "I'm a sucker for Mexican food."
            "Dick, did you tell him what we're gonna do after this?" Tim asks with his mouth stuffed with pizza.
            "No, not yet," Dick said. "Anyways, Jon, after dinner, we will be having a movie marathon in the cinema room."
            "A movie marathon?" I ask.
            "Yes, it's been a while since we had some quality time together so... why not," Bruce said. "If I'm not mistaken, we have two guests joining us, Harley and Selina.
            "Who invited them?!" Jason asks, catching everybody's attention. "It's a family bonding time, and I'm sure as hell know they ain't our family."
            "Well, neither am I," I said. "But you guys accepted me so... why not them too?"
            Jason glare towards me without saying a word and then continued eating his food.
            Did I go too far?!
            Does he not like me?
            "Jon's right," Bruce said. "Harley and Selina may not be family, but they have done so much for us... especially Harley ever since she reformed."
            "So this is one of the ways to thank them."
            I held a slice of pizza and took a bite of it from the tip while listening to their conversations. Rao it tastes so good. I didn't even know I was ravenous till I took that first bite.
            "Anyways, what movie are we watching?" Tim ask. "Any specific genres?"
            "I'll let you guys decide on that," Bruce said just before partaking a spoon full of mashed potatoes. "But make sure it's something everyone can watch."
            "Alright." Tim put on his thinking face while chewing. "Is anyone a fan of sci-fi? Raise your hand."
            Only Jason and Tim raised their hand.
            "Oklahoma ay, so that's a no," Tim said. "Okay, how about comedy?"
            I like comedies so I raised my hand up. So did Bruce, Alfred, and Dick. However, Tim and Jason didn't.
            "Alright, keep this in mind," he said. "Next up, horror."
            This time, everyone raised their hand up, including me.
            "Horror movie it is then!" Tim said. "Since Harley and Selina aren't here, they'll just have to deal with it."
            "Not to worry, they love horror movies just as much," Bruce said.
            "Alright then, everyone eat up and once you're done, help Alfred with the dishes," Dick said. "I'll set up the cinema room."
            "And don't worry about snacks," Bruce said. "Harley's bringing them."
             "Thank heavens," Alfred said.
            Everyone agreed and got back to their meals.
            Though I was stuffing my face and really loving the taste of everything, I couldn't help but glance towards Jason from time to time. He hasn't spoken a word since I defended Harley Quinn and Catwoman. I'm starting to think that he doesn't like me or I may have step over my boundaries.
            It doesn't feel great when you're surrounded by people who love you but then one of them doesn't. This situation feels like Bella and Rosie from Twilight when Bella visits the Cullen's for the first time. I'm Bella and Jason's Rosie.