Chapter 83

"Okay guys and gals. It's about that time to slow things down a bit. I would like to invite the newlyweds to the dance floor for their first dance." Quest turned the music down as Jimmy pulled away from me for just a moment, holding his finger up. "Hang on just one second? I want to do something really quick." I furrowed my eyebrows at him, asking him the one thing I was wondering without saying a word. He answered with his signature grin. "I'll be right back." He replied. He jogged with ease across the dance floor, stopping to give a few claps on the back and waves before stepping behind the DJ booth. Quest took his headphones off his left ear and listened as Jimmy whispered in his ear. He turned about pointed to Drew who was standing next to Matt. Drew turned and looked up me with her eyebrow raised. "What is he doing?" she leaned over and whispered. I turned back towards my husband who was now pointing from himself to me. Quest nodded and handed him the microphone. "I have no idea but I think we're about to find out." I said as Jimmy brought the mic to his lips.
"Hey guys! I hope everyone is still enjoying themselves. I see that many of you have clearly started to take advantage of the open bar.....Dad." He smiled as his dad held up a beer and grinned. "Anyways this is the time where Breckyn and I would share our first dance as a married couple." He looked down at me and tapped over his heart three times. I winked at him and blew him a kiss making his smile grow even wider. "But before we do that, I think that I owe it to a certain couple who didn't get to enjoy their first dance as a married couple because of me. So, Drew... Matt. Why don't you come out here and enjoy your first dance?" He handed the mic over to Quest as many of the guests starting applauding. Drew's mouth was hanging wide open as Jimmy jumped down from the booth and walked back towards me. She looked from Jimmy to me as he put his arm around me. "You really didn't have to do that, Fallon." She finally said, her voice a little heavy with emotion. "Sure I did. I went and ruined yours by going and getting shot. You've done everything you could for us since that day and you helped put this beautiful wedding together. It's the least I could do. Now, grab your husband and get out there." Jimmy pointed out to the dance floor as he stood behind me wrapping his arms around me, resting his head on mine. Drew looked from us to Matt who smiled and nodded to Jimmy. Jimmy nodded in return, a silent comment evidently being passed between the two of them before Matt grabbed Drew's hand and led her out to the dance floor.

Quest put on Tim McGraw's "Its Your Love" over the speakers as Matt put his arm around her back and pulled her into a slow dance. "How did you know that this was their song?" I asked as I leaned back into Jimmy's chest. He looked down at me and rubbed his hands up and down the sides of my lace dress. "Matt told me that this was supposed to be their first dance today when Quest was downloading more country music for tonight." He said simply with a wink as the song started and I leaned back up to watch as Drew put her head on Matt's shoulder and they swayed softly from side to side. I was surprised to hear Jimmy's voice blend almost expertly with Tim's as he started to slowly sway us as well, his head resting on mine as he hugged me from behind. "Dancing in the dark. Middle of the night. Taking your heart and holding it tight." I smiled as his velvety voice sent chills down my spine as he sang along. "Emotional touch, touching my skin." He ran his finger tips from my shoulders down my arms, tenderly, leaving goosebumps. "And asking you to do what you've been doing all over again."

"Oh it's a beautiful thing, don't think I can keep it all in. I just gotta let you know what it is that wont let me go." I started to sing along to the track and my husband's singing as I watched Drew and Matt start to expertly two step around the floor, matching the pace and beat perfectly. I would have sang a little louder but I was fine matching Faith's pitch for the back up. "It's your love, it just does something to me. Sends a shock right through me. I can't get enough. And if you wonder about the spell I'm under. Oh, its your love." I leaned into Jimmy and felt his voice vibrate against my back as he rubbed my arms softly with his finger tips. "You know this song?" I felt him nodded softly as he mumbled. "Mhmm. Tim and I have been pals for a while, plus I've been getting into country more and more lately." I brought my hand up and lightly caressed his cheek, feeling a soft kiss on my palm before I felt his warm breath on my skin as he sang. "Better than I was, more than I am. And all of this happened by taking your hand." Jimmy slid his hands down my forearm and intertwined our hands. I sighed and smiled as I let my body surrender to the movements Jimmy was making as he pulled me closer to his chest and continued swaying with me. "And who I am now is who I wanted to be. Now that we're together, I'm stronger than ever, I'm happy and free. Oh it's a beautiful thing, don't think I can keep it all in. And if you asked me why I've changed, all I gotta do is say your sweet name."
I know he continued singing but to be honest I wasn't listening to the words anymore. I got lost in the feeling of accomplishment and complete euphoria that came over me in that moment. I was here. Alive. Happy. Insanely in love. I was someone's wife. I was someone's mother. I was someone's stepmother. I never thought I was going to make it to this point in my life and I never really thought I would ever feel this kind of happiness in my life after Mike and to be honest I didn't think I deserved it but Jimmy changed all that for me. With one touch of his hand. One selfless night of caring and genuine compassion for someone. All it took was one slip and my life changed. I don't know what I did to change my life or earn this kind of fairy tale ending but they say everything happens for a reason. I'm starting to believe that Jimmy is my reason. All my reasons.