Chapter 66

I woke up to the sound of rain hitting the bedroom window. I stretched and yawned, rolling over to reach for Jimmy. Instead my arm landed softly on the mattress. I opened my eyes and saw the sheets bunched up where Jimmy would normally be sleeping. That's weird. It's Friday. He double taped yesterday so he would have today off. I shook it off. He might have gone out to grab breakfast or something. He did that sometimes. 

I rubbed my eyes and glanced at the clock on Jimmy's bedside table.  Oh jeez, 7 in the morning? I listened for a moment to the baby monitor and didn't hear Thomas fussing or anything so I rolled over to sleep a little longer. That's when I noticed the blue card leaning against the lamp next to a pink rose. "Oh no, what did you do now James?" I muttered to myself as I picked the card up to read it. The large pale blue card had its message typed upon in instead of handwriting. Thank god. It was too early to decipher chicken scratch this morning.

Good morning Beautiful! Before you start to worry, Thomas is with his Aunt. Who I am sure is teaching him things we will never live down. He is in good hands.

You're gonna be so impressed. I have a plan. Me?! I have a plan. I have left clues all over the place for you. They will be coming to you in several ways. This is clue number one. I set out some clothes for you to wear. Hop in the shower and get gussied up luv! Grab some breakfast and relax but then make your way to me!

If Thomas or Winnie ever ask you when and where you were when you fell for me, this would be the place you'd say.

Love, Jimmy Fallon

PS- If the clothes or the clues don't point you in the right direction, turn the card over.

So, that explains why I couldn't hear Thomas fussing on the baby monitor. Drew or Gloria had him. Although, for the life of me, I couldn't put my Jimmy had signed the card even though I found it weird that he wrote his full name. He never does that. The only time he ever called himself by his full name was when he introduced himself to me that first night. Instead of trying to figure out the clues and his play on words, I immediately flipped the card over. I smiled to myself. He had written on one of the note cards for the show. Directly under the logo was his all too familiar sloppy handwriting.

How did I know you were going to just turn it over? You're such a cheater. You were supposed to shower, eat, and at least attempt to figure out the clue before turning this over. By now you've figured out that I'm at the studio. Before you head my way, please relax, go have a think in the shower if you must, but trust me, you aren't going to figure this out. If you look near you, I have set out some clothes that I have picked out. Have some breakfast and enjoy a moment to yourself. You deserve it. After you're done with than then make you way to me. But please, take your time. I have some setting up to do.

He knew me so well. I stood up and stretched, looking over and spying a very familiar black shirt and green cardigan. I smiled to myself when I realized it was the exact outfit I wore the night of the taping, that first night. There was a tiny rip in the left sleeve because I didn't have the heart to fix it. I still didn't. I left the rip as a little reminder that sometimes what you think will be the worst moment of your life actually turns out to be the greatest. I smelled my rose before placing it and the card back on the night stand and walking towards the bathroom.

When I entered there was a line of pink rose petals leading to the shower. I quickly got in and sat on the bench, letting the water cascade down my body. I tried for thirty minutes to figure out what this was all about but I couldn't. It wasn't our anniversary. It wasn't even our year and a half anniversary. We still had a few more months before that milestone hit. It wasn't my birthday and it wasn't Jimmy's. I reached for my shampoo and realized it was no longer in the shower. Only Jimmy's shampoo and soap remained.  I was going to use it anyways but I couldn't figure out why all of my stuff was gone. Was this a clue? Was this part of the plan? When the water ran cold, I decided to give my brain a rest and stop trying to figure it all out. Perhaps he was right. I wasn't going to figure this out. I wrapped myself in the towels that Jimmy had set out for me.