Chapter 32

"Breckyn?" I looked up from my magazine I was reading in the waiting room. The nurse smiled at me and opened the door for me as I walked towards her. "No Jimmy today?" She said as she pointed towards the scale by the exam room. I put my purse down and stood on the scale. 135. I had gained 5 pounds since the last appointment. I looked down at my jeans that were starting to become harder to button and zip up with every week that passed, even though I had already went up two sizes to make room for my slowly growing belly.  I was around 18 weeks along now. Almost halfway, but I wasn't showing as much as I thought I would be. I guess that's a good thing. "No, he wanted to be here but they had to do a special skit today and he couldn't get out of it this time. So, its just me, today. That's okay. I don't expect him to make every appointment." I said as we walked into the exam room.

"That's understandable." The nurse said as she took my blood pressure and temperature. She checked my pulse and then handed me a gown. "Well, everything looks good so far from my perspective. Just slip on that gown and Dr. Hall will be in in just a few moments." She took her laptop and walked out of the room and closed the door behind her.

I stood up and took my clothes off, neatly folding them and setting them on the chair behind me. My phone fell out of my jeans pocket and fell to the ground. I slowly bent down and picked up the phone. "Better take this bending over thing for granted while I can still bend over to the ground" I thought as I stood back up and looked down at my baby bump. I rubbed my belly and smiled. I noticed I had a text message so I unlocked my phone.

"I love you so much, Brecks! Xoxoxo" followed by a picture of Jimmy dressed as Sara. I smiled and text him back. "OMJ- I love you more! But please, no more kissy faces as Sara. Doesn't do much for me." I pressed send and sat on the exam table. Just then I heard a knock on the door.

"Well, hello Breckyn! Hello, baby Fallon!" Dr. Hall said as she placed a hand on my belly. When she did that I felt the baby kick. "Ooh. We got an active little baby in there. That's a good sign! How long have you felt kicking? Is it painful?" She asked as she sat down on the chair in front of me. She grabbed my file and began to look in it.

"The baby has been kicking for a few weeks now. At first I thought it was gas bubbles, because it just felt like bubbles across my belly but then one night the baby kicked the hell out me when Jimmy was talking to my belly." She nodded and let out a laugh. "Yeah, the baby can hear him when he talks to them so, they usually kick or move to respond and move closer to the sounds. If he talks to your belly more often, eventually they will recognize his voice so when they are born, they will know who he is! Same goes for you. They will naturally know you are their mother because they hear your voice all day every day. They can also hear your heartbeat and everything else." She said. "Kind of cool right?" She smiled as she looked at me. I had a huge grin on my face and was holding my belly. "Very cool, actually."

Dr. Hall motioned for me to move closer to her. "Time for the exam. I'm going to just insert a finger or two and feel how your cervix is doing, make sure everything feels the way it needs to feel and then we will take a sonogram and see how the scar tissue is doing and then get a look at that little baby in there!" I scooted down and let her do her thing.

"Okay, everything is feeling good in there to me! Just let me get the sonogram machine and I'll be right back!" she patted my knee and closed the door behind her. I took my feel out of the stirrups and sat back up. I had just pulled the sheet over me again when the door came open again behind me. "Well, that was fa.." I got out as I looked behind me.

"Jimmy? What are you doing here?" I said as I stared at him. He was grinning and was in my favorite outfit. The green and black plaid shirt and khakis.  "What? You think I'm going to miss seeing my baby? No way! I got done with the skit before lunch so I have a little while before monologue rehearsal. I wanted to surprise you. Did I miss anything?" He said as he leaned down and kissed me.