Chapter 12

This can't be real. This isn't happening. You are still daydreaming. That's all this is. I thought to myself as I felt his lips touch mine. They were so soft and tasted of coffee and.. mint? I felt his hands on my face. I could hear my heart beating faster in my ears. My breath was taken away. I felt my hands tremble. I let a gasp out of my mouth and felt Jimmy smile cover my lips. Oh, but If this is a daydream, let it never end.

I was losing myself in the kiss. All I could hear was my heartbeat.  The first long kiss seemed to last forever. I should have known that the happiness of that moment was not going to last long.  Soon, I heard cheers and whistling "YEAH! GO FALLON!" I pulled back from the kiss. I opened my eyes and looked at Jimmy.  He smiled at me and tried to pull my face back towards his. "Jimmy, stop."  I pushed him back gently. He looked at me and had this hurt look on his face.  "I thought you wanted this...." He said quietly.

"KISS HER AGAIN JIMMY!" someone shouted from the terminal. People began pulling out their phones and taking videos and cameras. There were flashes going off everywhere. I gave Jimmy a look and pointed at them. "What are you doing, Jimmy?! Everyone just saw you do that! How are you going to explain that?!" I hissed as I grabbed him by his jacket and pulled him into the hallway that led to the plane so that we were alone.  "All those people just got pictures and everything else Jimmy! Do you know how fast we just made it onto every social media outlet there is?! I am CLEARLY NOT your wife! IF you didn't want the world to know about you and Nancy, it's a little too late now. What the hell are you gonna do?"  Jimmy slid back up against the wall and ran his hands through his hair.

"Shit! FUCK! I didn't even think that through.. I'll think of something." I could hear the panic in his voice. "Maybe I can say you are a long lost relative or something." He said.

"If you kiss long lost relatives like that, then you have bigger problems than trying to explain me." I said. He looked up and said "Haha. Very Funny." I could tell he was stressed. He was pacing.

The lady at the counter came up to us "Sir, if you don't have a ticket, you can't be back here. This is for passengers and authorized personnel only. " she said.

"Well, I don't have a ticket. I just need to talk to her really fast then I'll be out." He said.

"I would love to let you do that Mr. Fallon, but it's against protocol. You either need to talk to each other out there or present a ticket." She said.

"Well, that's fine. She's not getting on this plane. " Jimmy said grabbing my hand to walk me out of the hallway. I didn't move.  "Yes, I am, Jimmy. I have to." Jimmy turned around slowly. "Breckyn, you can't be serious. Something bad is GOING to happen if you go back there. I know it. I feel it." He put his hand on his heart. "I just have a bad feeling and my bad feelings are rarely wrong. " he looked me in my eyes. "Please, don't do this. Don't get on that plane."

"I can't keep running from him, Jimmy. If I keep running away from him, then I will never heal. I will always be terrified of him. I can't let him run my life anymore. I have to go back and get what is left of my life there so I can move on. I have to go. Now, I'm sorry for the way I initially treated you. It has everything to do with me and my life and nothing to do with you. I meant every word I said in that letter." I said, reaching up to push a piece of hair out his eyes.

"Mr. Fallon, I need you to come out here so she can board the plane, sir." The lady said.

"Just Give me a few minutes, please, ma'am." He pleaded. He looked like he was choking up. "A few more minutes, but that's all I can do." She walked away. Jimmy put his hand in his hair and looked at me.

"So you're telling me, I came all the way here for nothing. I didn't want you to leave the first time I put you in that cab. When you kissed me in the hotel, I felt that. You might think I didn't feel anything, but I did. I couldn't stop thinking about it all day but I had to keep my cool because in the line of work that I'm in, you have to. I can't have negative news surrounding me or I'm DONE, Breckyn.  That's the only reason, Breckyn! You don't know how much I had wanted to kiss you before this. One of these days, someone is going to realize that I'm nothing. I'm just a funny guy who got lucky. One of these days they are going to catch on to that and my luck will run out. You don't understand. Not too many years ago I was living in a cupboard of an apartment and eating ramen noodles to stay alive, barely keeping my head above the water. Then I get a big break and now I have all of this getting thrown at me and I'm successful but its all just a balancing act. Just like that, it could all come crashing back down again." He snapped his fingers to show how quick it could change.