Chapter 15

Meanwhile, In New York City....

We had been sitting in Lorne's office for about half an hour before any of us said anything. I was laying on the couch in his office. I had taken my jacket off and loosened my tie. Higgins was sitting in the chair next to me and Lorne was behind his desk just watching me. 

I got up and started pacing. I rolled up my sleeves. My phone vibrated on the end table next to the couch. I looked at it, hoping it was Breckyn. Of course, twitter.  Im sure it was more tweets and retweets about me and the 'mystery woman.' I threw my phone into the couch and started pacing again. 

"Jimmy. We cant just ignore that this is happening." Lorne was the first to say anything. I stopped and sat down on the couch. I ran my hand through my hair. "I know Lorne, but what the hell am I gonna do? No one was supposed to know about me and Nancy yet. Hell, you weren't even supposed to know." I said.  I just stared at the floor.

"Jimmy, it's a little too late for that.  Hundreds of people witnessed you kissing this woman, whats her name?" he asked, calmly. 

"Breckyn. Her name is Breckyn Jones. And in all actuality, thousands have probably seen that picture by now."  I sighed as I leaned back against the couch. 

"I would say so. #JFK is trending." Higgins said as he was scrolling down his twitter feed. "That could just mean the president." Lorne said to Higgins. 

"No... it stands for JimmyFallonKiss. Its all over twitter." Higgins said, pointing his screen towards me. I stared at the thousands of tweets that he was scrolling through. Some had pictures, a couple even had video.

"Well, at least I don't have to find a hash tag for next week, right?" I said trying to make light of the situation. "Jimmy, its time to be serious." Lorne cleared his throat and walked around his desk. He sat in a chair in front of me and pushed it closer. "We need to get on damage control.  Number one, does Nancy know about Breckyn or this incident?" he asked. I looked up. I had forgotten about Nancy. I must have had this panicked look on my face because Higgins jumped up and said "I got ya Jim. I'll handle this one." 

I got up and stopped him. "No, she at least deserves to hear this from me. Plus, there will probably be quite a bit of yelling. I got this. Nancy needs to hear this from me." I picked up my phone and stepped out into the hallway.  I looked at the clock. It would be about 6 o clock there, her time. Should be okay to call now. I dialed her number. It rang twice and then she answered.

"Hey, I was just getting ready to call you. Winnie just got done eating. I was going to let you talk to her before I gave her a bath and got her ready for bed. Winnie, you wanna say hi to daddy?" Nancy was talking baby talk to Win. I could hear Win gabbing away in the background. I missed Winnie so much, it made my heart hurt. I could feel the tears forming in my eyes. God, this was so tough. 

"Say hi to daddy, Winnie." Nancy moved the phone closer to Winnie's mouth. I heard her baby talk. "Hey, Winnie. I love you! I hope you are having fun with mommy! I miss you." I said, my voice breaking. "Dada Dada Dada..." Winnie half said into the phone but I could tell she was moving away from the speaker. She was probably playing with her toys. She does that a lot. I muffled a cry into my elbow.  

Nancy got back on the phone. "So Jimmy? Did you need anything or were you just calling to talk to Winnie?" she casually said into the phone.

"Actually, there is something I need to talk to you about Nance. Are you sitting down?" I said, sniffling and wiping off my face. "Oh gosh, Jimmy. What's going on?" she was worried. She had every right to be. "I take it you haven't been on twitter today, have you?" I asked. "No, I havent really had time to today. Why, whats going on Jimmy? Just spit it out."