Chapter 25

I put my fingers up to my temples on both sides and then brought my hands out in front of me. 

"Wha..." I started. "How... Pre... She's pregnant?! Pregnant. With a baby?" I shook my head. "Yes, Mr. Fallon, pregnant with a baby. We need to do an ultrasound to see how far along she is, but she is most definitely pregnant." The doctors said. 

"That's... that's impossible." I shook my head again. "Breckyn told me she can't have kids. She only has one ovary and her uterus was severed and had to be surgically repaired. How... PREGNANT?!" I rubbed my temples. 

"Mr. Fallon, I assure you she is pregnant. I ran a blood test. Its hospital protocol. The test is 99 percent accurate. She IS pregnant. Now as far as her fertility. It is possible for a woman to conceive while having only one ovary. It is harder to do, but it does happen. And in Breckyn's case, it is very possible that the scar tissue from her surgeries have created a healing method as opposed to a harmful reaction. The scar tissue could be making it a perfect hosting environment for the baby." 

"But, I don't understand, I tried for five years with Nancy and no luck. I always thought I couldn't have children. That's why we had a surrogate. Even that didn't work the first few times. I was always convinced it was my fault." I was getting light headed, I had to sit down. The doctor chuckled. "I assure you, you can have children, and you are pregnant. If you would like, I could send the OBGYN in here to run an ultrasound so you can see the baby and see how far along Breckyn is. We need to see if the baby was harmed from Breckyn's injuries as well." The doctor looked at me. 

I looked over at Breckyn and started to tear up. I smiled as I looked down at her swollen little belly. Breckyn never told me anything about being pregnant or even late on her cycle. I wonder if she knew. I started crying and smiled. "No, actually, I think I want to wait to do it when Breckyn wakes up. We need to experience this together." 

"Fair enough. I will be coming in and checking on her periodically. If she wakes up or you change your mind about the ultrasound, just use your call button on her bed. Oh, and Congratulations, Mr. Fallon." the doctor walked over and held out his hand. I stood up and shook it. "Thank you. For everything," He smiled and walked out of the door.

I stared at the door for a second and then looked over at Breckyn. I couldn't help but look at her belly.  I walked over to her and put my hand on her waist where her scar was. Breckyn was pregnant, with my baby. OUR baby. I immediately had a flashback to the other night when I told Breckyn that Winnie wasn't her daughter and that she didn't have to worry about her. Little did I know, she was right about having a child for us to worry about. I feel an inch tall. Of course, Winnie is like her daughter. Hell, as far as I'm concerned, Breckyn is another mother to Winnie.  Oh my gosh, Winnie was going to be a big sister! I smiled at the thought of that. I leaned down and kissed her waist. "I know you cant hear me in there, but if you can, please be okay and hang on tight in there, okay? Mommy is trying to get better for you. Just please be okay. Daddy loves you already." I kissed her waist over and over again. I was crying but this time, it was happy tears. I cant believe it. I'm going to be a father again, with Breckyn. I couldn't contain my happiness. I moved up to Breckyns face. 

"Hey baby, you know how you are always telling me you arent going anywhere? Well, I really need you to come back to me. We've got a baby, Breckyn. I don't know if you know that. But we do, we're going to be parents together. So just hang in there." I kissed her head.

Just then, John and Karen and Jake came into the room. I lifted my head and smiled up at them. "Well, that's the first time I have seen you smile all night." John said. I smiled at him again. "The doctor came in and said she is doing great for her condition. Her blood work all came back amazing and as long as the swelling continues to go down, then she can have her final surgery tomorrow." I decided not to tell them about the baby, just in case Breckyn didn't know yet. I want her to be the first to know.