Chapter 69

A woman’s voice filled my thoughts as a sweet smell filled my nostrils. “Once there was a princess…” The soft, familiar voice sounded far in the distance. I took a deep breath in and turned to my side, feeling nothing but cold silk grazing my arm. “Was the princess… you?” I heard a male voice invade my consciousness and my eyes flew open. Who the hell is in my house? I thought as I stared up at the vaulted ceiling. “Then she fell in love..” I closed my eyes and concentrated on the voices as I heard Breckyn’s voice match Snow White’s from the living room.  I knew what was happening now. I smiled as I mouthed the words along with the dwarf Sneezy on the DVD. “Was it hard to do?”

This was Winnie’s favorite movie as of late so I’m not surprised if she roped Breckyn into watching it with her but I was surprised that Breckyn knew the words well enough to quote it. I smiled as I listened to her recite the next part from memory as I stood in the doorway of our bedroom and looked out into the living room at Breckyn sitting cross legged on the floor with Winnie sitting in her lap, smiling at the screen. Thomas was lying in his swing next to her as she looked down at Winnie and smiled as she continued.

It was very easy. Anyone could see that the Prince was charming, the only one for me.” Winnie giggled as she reached up and patted Breckyn’s face.

I crossed my arms as I leaned against the door frame. “Was he strong and handsome?” I said along with Doc on the television. Breckyn was somewhat startled when she heard my voice but soon a million dollar smile washed across her face as she watched as I walked out into the living room to join them. I looked down at Winnie and smiled. “Was he big and tall?” I said in my best Sneezy voice to her as she giggled and reached for me. Breckyn laughed as Winnie wobbled towards me when I outstretched my arms and picked her up. She reached up and grabbed my left hand after I settled Winnie into my right arm. I pulled her close to me as she kissed my lips before leaning back. She sighed and then looked into my eyes and matched Snow’s voice yet again. “There’s nobody like him, anywhere at all.”

I grinned and batted my eyes. “Did he say he loved ya?” I gave my best Bashful imitation before I smiled as big as I could and tickled Winnie with my index finger. “Did he steal a kiss?” Happy’s voice came out matching mine as I pecked Winnie on her tummy and Breckyn on her forehead. Breckyn tickled Winnie, eliciting giggles from her as Brecks sang the next line. “He was so romantic, I could not resist.” I pulled her in to a three way dance with my girls as I listened to her voice fill the room as we waltzed around the living room.

Someday my Prince will come. Someday we’ll meet again and away to his castle we’ll go. To be happy forever, I know. She leaned into my chest like she always does as I scoffed. “Hmmmpf. Mush.” I groaned with Grumpy. I felt her laugh into my chest as we continued to dance effortlessly. Winnie was giggling like crazy right now. I held onto the small of Breckyn’s back and took her hand in mine and put it to my chest. Someday when Spring is here, we’ll find our love anew and the birds will sing

Breckyn looked up into my eyes and gave me a loving look. And wedding bells will ring. I looked down at her engagement ring and nodded. Someday when my dreams come true. I dipped both Breckyn and Winnie as my daughter let out the sweetest giggle of them all. “You know, if you keep up all this Prince talk and I’m going to get a big head.” I put them back upright and Breckyn kissed me before walking to the television and turning it down. “You mean bigger than the one you already have?” She didn’t give me time to respond before continuing. “Sorry to wake you. Winnie wanted to watch Snow White. She must have asked me about 7 times to watch  ‘No Why’ before I realized she was asking for Snow White.”