Chapter 48

"JIMMY! If you do not calm down I am going to have to sedate you! Please do NOT make me do that!" Drew said to me as I started yanking the heart monitor strips off my arm and sides. "Calm down?! How am I supposed to calm down?! That's my wi... that's Breckyn in there! My son.. Thomas! We've still got 8 weeks, its too early. He's too small! He isn't strong enough! This can't be happening yet!" I said as I took my last pad off my chest just under my collarbone. "Ahh." As I took off my pads, Drew was trying frantically to put them back on me. I flung my arm over hers. "Jimmy. Stop. YOU'RE not strong enough. Stop ripping your heart monitor off! I swear to god, I will sedate you so fast it will make your head spin." She went to reattach my monitor. I put my hands up. "She needs me. THEY need me. I need to be there. THAT'S MY KID!" I yelled at her. "Are you going to take these IV's out or do I have to do that too? I'm going with or without your help. So choose." I said looking in Drew's eyes.  Drew raised her eyebrows as she held me down. "First of all, if I didn't just spend half a day trying to save your life, I would smack the shit out of you for talking to me like that. Second of all, you are NOT getting out of this bed. No fucking way, no fucking how. I saved your life. I'm not letting you be a stubborn asshole and putting all of that to waste. I did everything I could to bring you back from the dead, and you were dead, Jimmy. Stop trying to put yourself in harm's way and sit the fuck down for a second." She pushed me down onto the bed. "I know you WANT to be by her side right now more than anything, I get that. Trust me, I want to be in there too. BUT, what Breckyn and your son need right now? Is for you to be here, getting better, getting stronger. They need you to stop being stubborn, they need you alive Jimmy." I went to get up again and that's when I felt another set of hands grab me and hold me down. 

"JAMES THOMAS FALLON! I SWEAR IF YOU MOVE ONE MORE INCH OF THIS BED YOU WILL HAVE ME TO WORRY ABOUT! I BROUGHT YOU IN THIS WORLD, I'LL TAKE YOU OUT MYSELF!" My mom looked at me as she put her finger in my face, holding me back. Drew looked at her. "Thank you. He's a lot tougher to hold down than I thought he would be." I looked at my mom. "Mom, don't grab me. That's your GRANDSON up there! He... he needs me... I'm his daddy. It's my job to protect him!" I said, my voice cracking when I said daddy. "This is the one time you can not tell me that I am wrong for feeling how I feel. Mom, if it were you in there with me, what would Dad have done? Huh? What would he have done?" I said, a sob slowly rising in my throat. I couldn't do this for much longer if they were to keep fighting me on this. 

Drew grabbed my face and made me look her in the eye. "Jimmy, I understand how you are feeling right now. Okay? I do. I get it more than you know. I know you want to be with Brecks, honey. I know the need you are feeling right now to be right next to her but you can't protect her or your son from anything that is happening right now. There is nothing that you getting out of this bed and risking your health will do to change it. If anything, it will make it worse, Jimmy. Trust me. It is Breckyn's job and the doctors job to figure out what is happening and take care of it. Breckyn is in the best hands that anyone could ask for her to be in. Dr. Williams is one of the best OBGYNs there is. If your doctor cant be here, Dr. Williams is a close second."

I shook my head and felt tears well in my eyes, "I...I...  wasnt there for Winnie.. I wasnt allowed in... If I miss my child being born again.... If I'm not by Breckyn's side for this.. I will never forgive myself. I can't bare to miss the birth of my child.. not again." I said as I fell back against the bed and started bawling. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I couldn't be strong anymore. 

"They will get this figured out. Breckyn is my family too, Jimmy. I wont let anything happen to her. I promise. I saved you. I'll save her and your son if I have to." Drew said as she took my hands off my face and pulled me in for a hug. "I love that girl and I love that little boy, and you know what? I love you, too Jimmy. Little Winnie too. You know she's out there right? She is out there playing with her mom and being just adorable and asking for you. She loves you so much. Looks just like you too. She asked for you when I went out there. I held her and played with her for a while. She needs her daddy too, you know." She wiped my tears away as she pulled back from the hug. I nodded. "Please, just let ME take care of you and let them take care of your..." she looks up at my mom and smiled.. "girlfriend and son. I love you guys so much. You, the kids, Breckyn. I won't let anything happen to any of you guys. Not on my watch. You have my word." She said, lightly smacking the side of my face. "Now, will you stop being a stubborn asshole, and let me put your heart monitor back on so I can care for you? Can I do that?" I wiped my face and took a deep breath in. I nodded.