Chapter 43

Two days later, Drew and I had just gotten back from her final dress fitting. She looked amazing in her dress. It was Jimmy and my gift to her. Jimmy and I had her fitted in a dress from Kleinfeld months ago. She picked a gorgeous sweetheart neckline ballgown that fit her like a glove. It was ivory with lace and jewels. She looked absolutely fantastic in it. It was worth all the money in the world to see the look on her face when she put it on today. I couldn't help but smile. 

"You looked amazing in that dress. It's hard to believe that my best friend is getting married in two days. When did we grow up? Part of me wishes we could stay 16 forever and get caught sneaking into my house at 3 in the morning. Things were so much simpler then, it seems." I said as she drove home. She reached over and rubbed my bump. "Oh, well I would say that despite all the bullshit you've had to deal with, you've made a PRETTY good life for yourself little momma." I looked up. "Really? You think so?" she laughed. "Uh, hello, who else can say that they ended up with their childhood crush? Not that many people. You ended up with Jimmy. You're having his baby. You have a pretty great life. Open your eyes and look around Breckyn. You got out of this hell hole. You're pretty lucky."

I looked out the window. "I don't know. Lately, we've been doing so great but we have had a few knock down drag out fights, Drew. That worries me. I don't want to sink back into my past, you know. I have me and now I have Thomas to think about. Him coming home at all hours, drunk and those pictures? I don't know. I just wonder where we are headed sometimes that's all."

Drew just looked at me. "Breckyn, no matter what kind of fights you and Jimmy have, it could never compare to the way Mike treated you. Jimmy couldn't hurt a fly, let alone you or the kids. He just isn't like that. Deep down I know you know that, Brecks. He stopped drinking hard right? He comes home at night?"She asked and  I looked at her and sighed.

"Yes, But...."

"Yes but nothing. Something bothered you, you talked about it, and he stopped. He never did that for Nancy or anyone else before has he?" she said. She had a point I thought to myself as I looked out the car window at the trees rushing by. "I know. I mean, we've been together for a while and I'm 7 months pregnant with our son and I'm still just his girlfriend. He hasn't hinted at marriage or anything. He hasn't asked me how I felt about it. He hasn't asked me if that's what I want. It's like he doesn't care." I said as I fidgeted with my purse strap. Drew sighed.

"You know he cares. I know he cares. EVERYONE knows he cares and if I remember correctly, you told me 7 months ago that you told him not to ask you to marry him just because you were pregnant. He is just listening to you, Breckyn. What more could you want?" Drew pulled into her driveway and shut off the car. She watched me as I looked at Jimmy, Jake, my dad, and Matt playing catch with the football out front. I smiled as Jimmy ran for a pass and caught it one handed. He spiked the football and did a little dance. My dad just shook his head and laughed. Jake ran up and give him a high five and Matt jumped on his back. "Look at them, Breck. You have your family, right here in front of you. Jimmy fits right in. You know we don't see him as Jimmy Fallon anymore, right? He belongs with us. He's just a normal guy when he is here. Look around you, Breckyn. You're the luckiest girl in the world."

I watched as Jimmy picked up the ball and threw it to my dad. Jimmy had a huge smile on my face as he looked over and saw us in the car. He started running our direction. I smiled back at him and got out of the car. "I guess I am." I said as Jimmy ran up and pulled me into a hug. "How's my favorite girl?" he said as he scooped me up.

"A little bloated from lunch, but fine." Drew said as she shut her door and Matt ran up to her and gave her a kiss. Jimmy just smiled. "I was meaning MY girl, Drew, but I'm glad you're doing well." He looked up at me. "I'm good too babe, just a little uncomfortable at the moment." I said holding my belly. "Are you in any pain?" he asked as he set me back down. He put his hand on my belly. "No, I'm not really in any pain. He is just kicking me in my ribs right now. Makes it a little uncomfortable." Jimmy smiled and knelt down in front of me. "Hey, little man. I love you but you're gonna have to go easy on your mom. There's not a lot of room in there, I know, but you've only got a little while longer. Just, try to go easy on your mom there, pal." He said as he kissed my belly. I felt Thomas kick him. "Not even born yet, already sassing his father. Takes after his mom. That's for sure." He said as he got back up and kissed me. "You know, he only kicks you when you talk to him." I teased. He poked me in the rib. "Well, he's gotta kick you to kick me, so technically he's doing it to you too."