Chapter 65

The sunlight shining through the bedroom window caused me to wake. I rolled over and out of Jimmy's arm as it fell to the bed behind me. I could feel him breathing on the back of my neck and the rumble from his snoring was enough to make me want to draw the blinds and go back to sleep. If it weren't for the overwhelming urge to go to the bathroom, I would have. I stood up and picked up the top sheet off the floor where Jimmy left it, then wrapped it around me so I would be covered. 

I walked into the bathroom and did my business. Before I left I caught a red streak in the corner of my eye. I focused my attention to the mirror. I smiled to myself as I read the words "I love you" scrawled out on the mirror in Jimmy's handwriting. My smiled turned to a gasp when my eyes focused past the lipstick and onto my own reflection. I forgot that I was still covered in the red lipstick from the night before but that isn't what shocked me. Where there was red the night before, there was also pink lipstick intermingled with it.

I looked down and took the sheet off from around my body. There was a pink heart on my chest. All of my scars, every single one of them, were now outlined in pink. Across my abdominal scars and stretch marks was "Thomas" with a little heart next to it. "Winnie" was written over my heart. "Brecks + J" was written across my rib cage. I had pink on my neck as well as my lips. My legs and feet were painted pink. I looked up into the mirror and noticed a third color on my body. There amongst the pink and red were two mauve marks. 

Jimmy had drawn mauve glasses around my eyes and the word "confidence" written on my forehead. I stood there for a moment trying to understand what it all meant. I was flattered by all the pink intermingled with the red on my body. It showed me that he really truly loved me but last night he told me he wouldn't change anything about me. Now there were two distinct mauve marks. What did they mean? I wondered to myself as I wrapped myself back up, sitting on the bed and staring at Jimmy.

He was lying on his back now, the sunlight falling on his torso and into his face. He had taken his left arm and draped it over his eyes to shield from the sunlight. He was covered in red and pink splotches all over his body from lying tangled up with each other last night. My marks had rubbed off on him in places I don't remember marking him but seeing the smudges now, I fell in love with those parts too. He had taken the sheets and kicked it off to where it was barely covering himself. The sheet rested just below his v line, tented in the middle over him and wrapped around one leg and he had one leg out. He must have gotten in bed right after his shower without bothering to get dressed, that or he got hot in the middle of the night. He was snoring and a rose petal that was stuck to his lips moved up and down with every breath.  He had candle wax in his hair and rose petals clung to his body. The sheets were basically ruined, with pink, red, and mauve splattered all around it from us tossing around in our sleep.

I moved my index finger up and down his ribs, making him squirm and moan in his sleep. He started giggling and took his hand and waved me off, the mauve lipstick still in his left hand. I noticed that the line was still on his hand so I quickly took my thumb and licked it, taking it to his finger to wipe the color off before he noticed it. I grabbed the lipstick from him and put it on the end table. I turned back and full on tickled him until he woke up. "Okay! Okay! I'm up! If you keep tickling me I'm gonna piss the bed, Brecks!" His sleepy voice filled the room between his giggles. " He rolled over and faced me. "Oh wow, looks like someone made you their personal magna-doodle in the middle of the night." He said trying not to laugh at me. I took my sheet off and smack him over the torso with it. "Well, what the hell was that for?" he said, rubbing his stomach as the skin turned red where the sheets struck him.  "You know what! I thought you said you didn't have anything to draw on me? You loved everything about me and didn't want to change anything about me? I wake up looking like a kindergartners personal finger pant!"