Chapter 22

As the plane touched down at JFK, I lightly rubbed Breckyn's hand. She had slept the entire flight here, which was fine by me, she needed the rest. It's been a long week for her, I'm sure. She looked so beautiful, with her head on my shoulder. I didn't want to wake her, but we had to get off the plane. I snuck a kiss on top of her head and rubbed her face. She slowly opened her eyes and picked her head off my shoulder. She wiped a little drool from her lips. "I'm sorry, I drool." she said as she stretched in her seat. "It's okay. I don't mind." I shrugged as I took off my seat belt.  I stood up and stretched. A little too hard. I grabbed my side. "Son of a bitch." I whispered. Breckyn was standing up as well. "Be careful, you need to take it easy, babe." She said. I looked down at her and smiled. 

"What? You do." She said shyly. "No, its not that. You called me babe." I said, grabbing our overhead bags out of the compartment. "Is that not okay? I don't have to. I just figured..." she started. "No, Breck, its fine. It's perfect, actually." I said, smiling and walking down the row behind her. As we got off the plane, Breckyn walked in front of me. I quickened my pace and caught up to her. "Where do you think you are going, little lady?" I said as I walked beside her. She stopped in the hallway. "Well, I figured we probably shouldn't be seen together right now, you know, with the paparazzi and everything. I don't want to get you in trouble. I don't want you to end up in the media again, they had just stopped headlining us every night on TMZ, you know? What if Nancy gets involved?" she said. I grabbed her face and kissed her. 

"First of all, I'm a grown man. If I want to be seen with my girlfriend, then I will be. Second of all, I'm not hiding you from anybody. You deserve to be treated with respect and dignity, and hiding you from the media is NOT doing my job. I promised your father I would keep you safe and happy. That means you by my side. No matter what. Third, Lorne knows about everything, and I wont get in trouble, I promise. And.. Nancy is kind of already involved." I bit my lip on that last part. Breckyn put her hands on my hips and said "What do you mean she is ALREADY involved, Jimmy?" she asked. 

"You'll see." I said as I walked out of the terminal. Nancy was standing about 5 feet away, holding Winnie. I ran over to Winnie. "Hey baby girl!! Daddy missed you SO much!!" Nancy handed her over to me and I covered Winnie in kisses. She giggled with each kiss. I lifted her shirt and blew a raspberry on her belly. This sent her into a laughing fit. It made my heart soar to hear that. I hugged her tightly and turned to Nancy. She was smiling at Winnie and I. "So what's your plan, Nance?" Nancy looked up at me and touched my face. I winced when she touched my eye. "Well, I think we need to cover this shiner as best as we can. I've got make up in my bag. Lets go to the family restroom so we can get this taken care of before the cameras see you." Breckyn was standing off at the end of the hallway. I motioned for her to walk over. Nancy looked over at Breckyn and walked over to her. "You must be the girl who has stolen Jimmy's heart. I'm Nancy." I turned bright red when she said that. "Nance, way to be subtle." I said. "Well, she has!" Nancy laughed. Breckyn was still staring at the floor. "I don't bite you know., I know Im the ex wife, but I'm not a monster. I don't hate you." Breckyn slowly brought her head up. "She really is beautiful, Jim. You weren't lying." She looked at me. I was leaning against the wall, holding Winnie. "I never do." I smiled. 

Nancy put her arm around Breckyn and led us to the family bathroom. She put our bags down on a couch that was in the corner. "Sit on the counter over there. I need some light so I can get this covered right." Nancy motioned for me to sit on the counter in front of the mirror. I looked at Breckyn and smiled. Nancy looked over at me holding Winnie and looked over at Breckyn. "Would you mind holding Win so I can fix Jim's face?" I looked at Breckyn, she looked nervous and confused. Even I was shocked that Nancy had suggested that so early. I looked at Nancy as Winnie was playing with my hair. "You don't have to do that if you arent ready. We understand." I said to Nancy. "OUCH. Winnie, are you playing with Daddys hair?" I said in my high baby voice. She giggled as she pulled on my hair. Breckyn stepped forward "I appreciate it, but really you don't have to do that if you arent comfortable." Nancy pulled out her make up from the bag and looked at me and Breckyn. "Nonsense, she's got to get to know you somehow. It's fine, really. Winnie doesn't know a stranger and she'll love you. Its not a big deal, but we all have to be used to each other sooner or later. Might as well be sooner."   I smiled up at Nancy. "Winnie, do you want to meet Breckyn?" I said to her. Winnie giggled and reached for Breckyn as she walked forward slowly. Breckyn grabbed Winnie under her arms and put her on her hip. Winnie looked up at Breckyn and smiled. Breckyn bit her lip and looked down at her "Hi, Winnie, I'm Breckyn. You are super cute!" Winnie grabbed Brecks cross necklace and giggled.  I couldn't help but smile. Winnie loved her already. 

Bad Luck or Fate?On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara