Chapter 74

VALENTINA

We made our way to the back and I noticed that Paul was there to escort me as well the others including Harry.

'Be safe, love', whispered Liam as he snuck in a quick hug and I nodded.

'You're going to be fine. Just be quick on your feet', said Harry and I couldn't help but smile at how hopeful he sounded, but my heavy heart reminded me that I was about to shatter him in a few minutes.

Everyone else except Paul and I hid behind a truck while we both walked towards the van where I could make out Louis in the back with two men on either side.

Dominic's men were standing on either side but that was just for show, the real escape would start only after I had entered the van.

'Here she is, now give him back', called Paul as I walked towards them.

'Are you fucking mental, Paul?! Get back inside Val!', exclaimed Louis but he was silenced with a blow to his stomach.

'Don't hurt him!', I cried and quickly made my way towards them.

'Let him go and then only will I come', I said and watched as they pushed him out.

'When I say 3, we run', said Louis as he came towards me but I smiled at him.

'I'm sorry', I said and he looked at me with a bewildered expression.

'Tell Harry I'm sorry', I said watching him being forcefully escorted away  and then ran to the van only to hear a loud shout from behind which belonged to Harry.

'What the fuck is going on?! Get her!', he yelled but it was too late. My plan was working except Harry decided to run to me dodging his security team.

'NO!', I screamed knowing that they'd shoot him.

'VAL! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!', he cried as two of his guards finally got a hold of him.

'Go away!', I cried.

'What are you saying?!', he asked struggling to come to me.

I knew I had to do something before they opened fire.

'Just let me go! I never belonged to you!', I cried and watched as he stopped struggling.

I had him.

'Valentina', he said.

'It's Serafina. Duchess Serafina. I never meant for it to go this far. I just wanted to get home so let me go!', I shouted as I felt my insides eating me alive.

Harry's face twisted in pain and shock 'No. You said you loved me', he said.

'I lied', I said swallowing back my tears and watched as he fell two steps back.

'Move back or we shoot', said the man on my right and the band security quickly pushed Harry back.

'LOOK AT ME AND TELL ME THAT WHAT YOU SAID BEFORE MEANT NOTHING TO YOU!', he screamed, his eyes begging me to come back as he arched over his security's arms.

It was as if the world had stopped spinning to allow every single memory since we met play in my head within a single minute.

The time he offered to be my fake boyfriend, the time we went shopping, the time he kissed me for the first time, the time he took me to his home and then tonight when he asked me to stay with him.

I was shoved to get inside the van bringing me back to earth and suddenly all the safety I knew vanished bringing back all the old fears but I didn't take my eyes off the desperate man pushing his way towards me,

'Goodbye Harry Styles', I said and watched the doors close between us.

.

.

.

To be continued.