Chapter- 3

Let me know what you think so far!!

Keep reading and comment!

And make that star gold!

xoxo

******

VALENTINA

I ran as if my life depended on it and I wasted no time to look back.

As I looked up, I almost stopped in my tracks as I recognized the tower which I used to see in my cell.

Joy filled my heart as I saw it in its full glory, but the dream ended as quick as it started, for I heard the shouts of the goons as they realized I had escaped.

I pulled myself together and ran through the maze of vehicles.

I noticed that some people were giving me strange looks while others decided to yell at me for jumping in front of their cars.

I turned to see if I had lost them and I smiled as I realized I had.

'There she is!', came a voice through all the traffic noise and I groaned as I prepared to run again.

The more I ran, I realized how close I was getting towards the tower and I also realized the cause for the traffic.

Apparently, a crowd of girls were the reason and they were all in the middle of the busy road, searching for something.

Police were already trying to keep them out of the streets but the cars were getting impatient and it was chaos wherever I looked.

As I looked around, searching for a place to hide, I saw an alley on the far left and I prepared to turn but before I knew it, I was knocked down by someone.

I groaned as I propped myself up on my elbows from the asphalt ground.

'Hey, are you alright?', asked the stranger and I looked up to find the most mesmerizing pair of caramel eyes that I had ever seen in my entire life.

I simply nodded at his question.

He studied me for a minute and his eyes widened as he caught my bruised face from a nearby car's headlight.

'You're hurt', he said and lifted me back on my feet and I tried to look away from his gaze.

I gently released my hand from his grip so I wouldn't feel scared. Ever since my capture, I could never bring myself to trust men again.

'I'm sorry', he said and I looked at him.

No one had spoken to me so kindly in a year and it made my throat hurt from the tears that I held in.

This man looked as if he was twenty and he was beautiful.

He had an olive complexion and his raven black hair fell across his face. I could also make out tiny sideburns as if he tried hard to keep a clean shaved face.

'Do you see her?', I heard and my heart pounded as I realized the voice.

I grabbed his arm and he looked at me.

I tugged at his sleeve and he gave me a confused look as I tried to make him understand that I had to escape.

I made desperate sounds and even looked back to point him towards the direction that they were coming from.

It took him a good long minute to realize that I was in danger and he cursed under his breath.

He looked around and ran his hand through his hair, making it a bit messy.

'Look, I don't know if you can understand me, but you have to trust me', he said slowly and I nodded.

He took a deep breath and before I knew it, he had dragged me into the crowd of screaming girls.