Chapter68

ZAYN

 I had had enough of rehearsals so I left the venue, mostly because management was waiting for me the band room and I had no intention of negotiating with them anymore.
I decided to spend time with Nova instead besides I still had to find a place to move her before management decided to hide her away from me.

I don't understand why Nova seemed to be calm with what was happening. Maybe she was just glad to be awake even if it meant having to go away but I couldn't just let her go.
She wouldn't hear of my option to leave the band so that we could be together. 'You're crazy to think you're gonna be happy if you leave them. You might be talented enough to pull off a solo career, Zayn but those lads are your only real friends in this world. What you're doing is selfish'

Selfish my ass.

Was trying to protect my woman deemed selfish?

With these thoughts running through my head I didn't notice that I had reached the hospital so I got a hold of myself and tried to look more cheerful so that we could spend some quality time together.

As I approached her room, I was surprised to hear voices from inside. I opened the door to hear a male's voice with a familiar thick foreign accent and thinking that she was in trouble I ran in.

'Nova?!', I called and quickly appeared at her bed space only to find her laughing with a sophisticated man who looked about my age.

'Zayn! This is Dominic! And look he brought me flowers and Macarons!' she exclaimed.

Dominic? As in...

'I thought I had made myself clear that night', I said and he stood up with an annoyed expression to re-button his coat. 'Yes and I hoped that my fist had conveyed my thoughts as well', he replied with a smirk.

'Wait, what?', asked Nova and the macron fell from her grasp.

'For the last time, I am not the bad guy I'm not after Serafina like some thief. She is my fiance. There's no need to be after someone who's mine', he said with an impatient tone

'What are you doing here?', I asked trying to reel in the urge to punch him while ignoring his so-called claim on her.

'He came to help us' said Nova, her voice indicating that she wanted to ease the tense atmosphere.

'Help? How would you know whether we need help or not?', I asked suspiciously.

'Believe it or not Mr. Malik, I have my ways of knowing things that are beneficial to me', he replied with a smug expression.

'Hear him out', said Nova gently.

'Go on then', I said and sat down next to Nova.

'I hear that you're looking for a safe place to keep your fiancé. I have a few private kept away estates in Italy which I'd be willing to share along with security', he said.

Hope swelled in my heart as I heard but it vanished as my conscience slammed in.

'Why would you help us?', I asked

'Because I need help from you', he replied calmly.

'What kind of help?', I asked slowly.

'I need to get Serafina on a flight to Italy immediately', he said and I heard my hope shatter to the depths of the earth.

'I'm sorry', I said and got up.

'What do you mean? it's a win-win situation!', he exclaimed.

'No! Val belongs to us, we promised her that we'd get her home safely', I said sternly.

'First of all, she lawfully belongs to me because we were engaged since birth and also you won't be in Italy until two days!', he exclaimed annoyed

'So wait for two days', I said

'You do not realize how threatened she is right now', he said and I looked at him confused.

'Her captors follow your every move. what do you think I've been doing ever since I found her? I'm trying to throw them off your track but you people are only making it difficult because of the crowd that you draw wherever you go!', he said

That was actually true.

'Look, I understand but it's not my call. Harry needs to know-'

'That man has no right to court her!', he exclaimed and I could see the anger fume in his eyes which was quite amusing and a smirk crept up my face but Nova nudged me once she realized I was mocking him.

'Dominic, your intentions are good but I'm sorry. I can't betray the lads', I said and folded my arms.

'And yet you'd choose to leave them considering your so-called loyalty', he said as he stood up and I found myself lost for words.

'I've left my card here. for the sake of both of our women, let her go', he said and with a quick nod at Nova, he swiftly exited the room.

I let out a loud sigh and turned to face Nova who seemed to be dazed as she said,

'I get what you meant by Styles feeling threatened. I mean, DAMN! That Duke is fine!', and I shook my head at her.