Chapter 69

ZAYN

'I need to talk to you', I said as we stood on stage for rehearsals. In two days, Val would leave us but ever since I heard what Dominic had said I was getting nervous, so nervous that I was forgetting my lines.

'Yeah, I was meaning to talk to you as well', he said and I looked at him startled.

'Really? Why?', I asked hoping that he hadn't found out about the offer.

'You're forgetting your lyrics, that's unusual for you. Are you okay?', he asked and I looked down at my feet. How on earth was I going to tell him without sounding like a selfish prick?

'You know that Val is leaving in a few days right?', I asked and watched as his expression fell.

'Yeah', he said after a while.

'Are you alright, with everything?', I asked and I realized I was only stalling myself.

'I think so. I don't know how I'll work it out. She'll be here in Italy and I'm pretty sure that Dominic fellow will swoop in as soon as I leave', he scowled and I hid my nervousness behind a laugh.

He then looked forward to where Valentina was. She was walking on the center stage and looking around. She said she wanted to feel how it felt to be exposed to such a large space.

'She can't even talk. I don't know how she's gonna get back on her feet with that entire history she's got', he said.

'Maybe she'll have relatives', I said.

'Even if she does, how will she find them? I just wish that I could stay back and help her but I can't because of this tour and we promised management that we'd end this in Italy', he said and ran his hand through his hair in frustration.

'At times like this when I think more realistically I feel like I should just call that Duke. He'd know what to do and he'd protect her', he said finally.

I was stunned at his opinion but thrilled that it gave me a chance to finally tell him what I wanted to but before I could, Niall's voice cut through.

'VAL!'

The panic and fear in his voice were enough for us to look and watch in horror as Valentina fell backward from the center stage which was almost more than 6ft.

'Fuck!', I exclaimed and immediately ran towards the scene. The crew was already surrounding her and I saw that she was in Louis's arms.

'Mate she's hurt!', he called and I looked around to see where Harry was only to find him standing frozen where I had left him.

''Harry! Snap out of it!', I exclaimed and watched as something flashed through his eyes. He shook his head lightly and then darted towards the scene.

As we got nearer, I could see that she was clutching her abdomen from where blood was tricking down. She cried out in pain as the medics tried to lift her up.

'Fa male! Fa male!'

I froze as I heard the new voice

'Fa male!', it was Valentina's voice and for a brief second she opened her eyes, looking at me and I could see they were filled with pain.

'You're going to be fine', I said and watched as they took her away.

'Tell me I was dreaming but did she-', stammered Liam.

'You weren't dreaming mate, she talked', said Niall.

'Well, at least you won't have to worry about the talking part anymore', I said looking at Harry who looked like he had been hit on the head.