Chapter 66

HARRY

I watched amused as Val looked like a child who was eager to reach Disney land. We were on our way to visit Nova at the hospital. When we had gone to visit, Val was having a checkup for her stitches and she was disappointed when she found out she had missed an opportunity to see her.

'Why are you so excited to meet someone you've never met?', I asked.

'Zayn worships her and I've heard so much about her that it feels like I already know her', she wrote.

Fair point I thought as I nodded at her statement.

'Besides, I think it's the same feeling for your fans', she added.

'Why would say so?', I asked intrigued at how the conversation was building up.

'Well, there are fans who haven't seen any of you in person. All they have are videos and photographs but it doesn't make them any less excited'

I smiled as I finished reading it, 'You're right', I said and she gave me look of triumph. God, I was going to miss these little quirks of her and I held her hand so that I wouldn't get emotional of her leaving.

We arrived in a few minutes and as I guided her to Nova's room, I noticed that there were some people from management in the hallway and Trisha was there with them as well. Something did not feel right and so I took Val's hand in mine for caution which earned me a confused look from her side.

'What's going on here?', I asked as I approached Trisha and she looked like she was relieved to see me.

'Oh, Harry, I'm glad you're here. Zayn could use some support right now', she said with a small voice.

'Did something happen? Is Nova alright?', I asked worried as a million bad scenarios popped up into my mind.

'No, she's alright it's just management', she said with a bitter tone and then continued to listen as she explained how they were trying to cover up the fake news they had sent out in the past proclaiming her death.

'What? It's not like they can exile her or anything', I said incredulously but Trisha didn't reply.

'They're joking, right? I mean you can't be serious! They would never-', but I was cut off by a shout followed by the sharp sound of breaking glass and it came from Nova's room.

'Oh dear', said Trisha as she made her way to the door and I followed her inside.

There in the lounge stood Zayn with bloodshot eyes who looked like he could murder the agents who stood opposite to him with a broken vase lying on the ground between them.

'Zayn', said Trisha with concern and he shook his head at her.

'Val, take Trisha outside and wait for me', I instructed and she nodded.

'What's going on here?', I asked after the two of them had left.

'Will you tell these bastards to get out of this room?!', shouted Zayn making gestures with his hands.

'Guys you need to leave-', I started but one of the agents cut me off saying that it was management business and that I had no say in the matter.

'Oh yeah? Well, this is a fucking hospital, not one of your damn board rooms. So get the fuck out of here before I call security', I said making sure that my voice was a tone louder so that they understood I wasn't negotiating anymore.

'You'll be receiving calls, Zayn. Don't think you can get out of this', said one of the agents as they started to leave.

'Oh yeah? You don't think I can I get out of this shit hole?! Because if you even think that I'd stay here after all of this-', he yelled but I held him back so that we could avoid any more unwanted tension.

Once we were left to ourselves, I sat him down and asked him what had happened.

'They find out she's alive and the next second they're swarming around her like vultures!', he sniffed and wiped his face with the end of his shirt.

'What did they want?', I asked handing him the tissue box.

He pulled one out and twisted it as if he were wringing someone's neck.

'They want her to leave', he said with a scowl and tugged at the paper ends.

'Leave?', I asked confused.

'They want her to leave and never contact me again', he said and the paper gave in to the pressure as he broke down in tears.