Chapter-6

ZAYN

I slammed the door shut as I entered the dressing room, luckily for me, it was empty.

I guess the crew had already packed and were on their way to the hotel.

The word 'hotel' and what Paul said before about the Management 'taking care of things', made me want to scream and cry at the same time.

(Flashback)

I had decided to call it a night and I bid everyone goodnight as I headed back to my room.

Nova had decided to stay out on the after party because for some weird reason, she felt scared to leave the room.

As I approached our room, I was surprised to find it unlocked and I mentally scolded her for being so careless.

'Babe, why is the front door-', but I stopped mid-sentence as I saw the scene before me.

It look like someone had trashed our room and on closer observation, it looked like there had been some kind of a struggle.

Oh no.

'NOVA!!!', I yelled and ran towards the bedroom.

The bedroom door was wide open and she wasn't in bed.

Fuck, where is she?!

I ran my hand through my hair and as I turned to the window, I almost screamed but I covered my mouth with my hand.

There beneath the window, lay my world.

I was too stunned to move or even make a sound.

I shook as I approached her wounded body and my knees gave in as I saw her bruised face.

'Nova', I choked and I cupped her face in my hands.

'Babe, wake up. Tell me you're alive', I begged as I carefully lifted her into my arms.

I flash of pain appeared on her face as I did so and that was enough to make me breathe.

'Nova, honey, open your eyes', I pried and she fluttered open her eyes.

'Zayn', she said as her voice wavered.

'Who did this?', I asked and she sucked in air as she gasped in pain.

Her hands trembled as she tried to lead mine to the side of her abdomen.

It was then that I noticed a hilt of a dagger and my eyes widened.

Fuck.

'Babe, I need you to suck in all the air you can, this is going to hurt', I said and she nodded with tears flowing down her face.

I grabbed the hilt gently and then gently tugged it out.

Nova cried out in pain and I quickly rocked her back and forth like an infant.

'You're going to be fine', I cried and then quickly pulled out my phone.

'Lou! I need help! Nova, she's injured!', I cried and he said something about being there in a second.