Chapter 70

HARRY

As much as I wanted to go with her, I knew it would be unprofessional of me to leave just an hour before the show so I forced myself to not worry about her, which was impossible because she seemed to be in my head no matter what I did.

Even though I was getting timely updates from the crew each time I sat down for a drink, my mind was still scared. What if all her stitches came out? What if she had hit her head too hard? What if she ended up like Nova? The last thought sent a chill up my spine but I was quickly brought back to my senses by the voice of the crowd.

They were singing along with Liam and at that moment I felt my worries disappear for a while. What I heard and saw isn't easy to describe. There's no way I can see all of these fans clearly or hear their voice individually but I could still feel the personal attachment in moments like this and it was just unimaginable. I don't think I can ever picture myself not doing this.

I looked at the lads and it hit me how long we'd been together. We had our ugly moments but at the end of the day, we knew we were a part of something special. It's not like we were best friends with each other at the same level, we were more like family; Your typical quarreling but loving family.

The sound of fireworks going off brought me back to reality and immediately my anxiety came back to remind me that I could finally be with her. With one last goodbye, we ran off the stage and decided to go straight to the hospital. We were all tired and drenched with sweat but I guess we all felt the same for her.

'She's regained her consciousness', said Karen who stood outside her room.

'Is she alright?', I asked failing to hide my fear.

'Why don't you boys see for yourself', she said and opened the door for us.

Val was about to take a sip of water when we walked in and when she saw us, she smiled like an excited child.

'How are you?', asked Niall.

'Sto bene!', she exclaimed.

I swear I heard a cricket chirp form somewhere in the silence until Louis exclaimed,

'HOLY SHIT SHE TALKS!'

Valentina laughed out loud as she saw us all attack her with shouts of joy and wonder.

'Si! Si! Ho ottenuto la mia voce indietro!', she laughed happily.

'I think we need a translator now', I chuckled.

'Mi dispiace! There's no need! I remember English!', she said and honestly, she became even more attractive with that adorable faint Italian accent.

'Your accent is almost British', commented Niall which earned him a nudge from Liam.

'Mate, that's rude', he said.

'No! It's okay! My Mamma was English', she explained.

'It feels so good to have my voice back!', she laughed and I could see tears piling up at the corners of her eyes.

'How did this-', started Zayn who I guess had finally got over his shock.

'The doctors said that when I hit my head, it reversed what had happened from the first time I had hit it', she said.

'That's possible?', asked Liam.

'Apparently it's rare and they told me I was lucky to not have damaged myself anymore', she said and we nodded.

'Did they take any more CT scans?', asked Zayn.

'Yeah, they said I was fine but I have to stay overnight for observation and then another check-up in the morning', she replied brightly.

'You're not in pain are you?', I asked worried.

'A little sore but I'm just so happy that I got my voice back that none of it matters!', she exclaimed and we laughed.

'I can finally say all of your names! Zayn, Niall, Louis, Liam and...', she paused a bit when she looked at me to say, 'Harry'.

I felt waves of emotions pass through me as I heard her speak my name.

'Well you're not the Little Mermaid anymore! said Louis as he cut through the awkward atmosphere and she laughed.

I had always imagined what it would feel like to hear her voice and now that I had, it made it even more difficult for me to let her go.