Chapter 73

VALENTINA

I stopped crying and turned to look at Paul praying that what I had heard wasn't true.

'But Liam just ran out to get him!', exclaimed Zayn who shared my same shocked expression.

'Our team was able to get him to safety but they already had Lou', he explained.

'What do they want? Money?', asked Harry frantically.

'They want Val', said Paul and I felt my heart stop.

'No. They cant do this', said Harry as he wrapped his arm around me protectively as if anyone would try to take me away from him right there.

'They just did mate', said Zayn.

'Let me go', I said looking at Harry and he gave me a bewildered expression.

'Are you crazy?! No!', he shouted and I watched as his eyes turned dark with rage.

'Louis is innocent, I'm who they want', I pleaded.

'They'll kill you', he said.

'I've been bringing you all pain since I've come here. Let me finish this', I said but Harry would not hear of it.

'Harry, let me call Dominic, he could help', said Zayn and Harry's face twisted into annoyance but he gave in and nodded.

'I won't let them take you away from me', whispered Harry and I put my arm around his torso to calm myself down. I knew that there was only one way out of this and I needed Dominic here for that to happen.

Dominic arrived a few minutes later and he began to give orders to his men to work with our security team.

'Let me go talk to him', I told Harry who let me go half-heartedly but I smiled at him assuringly.

'Can I trust you?', I asked Dominic in Italian so that no one could understand.

'What?', he asked turning to look at me.

'Can I trust you with my life? That you'll never stop searching for me?', I asked.

'I swear on my life that I would cross oceans to find you without waiting to catch my breath', he replied immediately.

'Then let me make the switch', I said and watched as he looked at me horrified.

'That is too dangerous', he said.

'I know you won't let them harm me', I said and he sighed.

'These people have suffered enough because of us. Please, help me', I begged.

'You know it's dangerous. What if I'm not able to rescue you in time? I cannot lose you again Serafina', he said and I noticed that he looked frightened. Something that I had never seen on him.

'I trust you. I will be safe. I just want this story to end. I cannot put their lives on hold because of my past', I said and watched as he took a minute to make a decision.

'Okay', he said finally. 'But you need to listen to every word I say', he said and I nodded. 'And Serafina, if it goes according to plan, you might not ever see these people again', he said and I looked at him in shock.

'Why?', I asked.

'You've left so much behind. There is so much that you don't even remember. You need to take back what is rightfully yours and that might take years or you will always be on the run', he explained calmly.

This wasn't what I had in mind. I thought maybe a month away or something could make things right but Dominic was right, this was more than people wanting money; this was people calling for my blood.

'You'll be there, right?', I asked and he nodded.

'Okay', I said and returned to the safety of Harry's arms.

'Let's go outside', I said and lead Harry into the deserted hallway.

'Listen, I will come back for you. This is just temporary. I would have never let this happen but I'm helpless', he said and hung his head as if he were ashamed.

'This is more than you can bear, Harry', I said gently and lifted his face to meet mine and then kissed him deeply. I allowed myself to melt into his lips as his arms held me close to his chest that I could feel his racing heart. I knew that this was goodbye so I made sure to allow my fingers to get tangled in his curls once more as I savored his taste.

The moment felt like I was drowning and his kiss was my lifebuoy, sending waves of emotions through me like oxygen returning to a lifeless body.

Tears formed in my eyes as he pulled away for breath. I had just learnt what it felt like to be safe and have a family. And now it was all going to be taken away.

'I don't want to let go', he said and watched as his eyes glisten as well.

'You will find me again, Harry. And when we meet again, I want to see you in all your superstar glory. I want you to dare to want more. I want the world for you just like you gave me yours', I said and he pressed his lips against mine again.

'I love you', I spoke, into the kiss and he leaned his forehead down against mine.

'I love you', he replied and we stood like that as I begged for time to slow down.

'It's time', came a voice from behind and I turned to find Dominic with two of his guards.

I let my finger sink into Harry's dimple one more time, praying that this wouldn't be the last time I saw him. He smiled and kissed my palm taking his time to let me go until my last finger slipped away.

I quickly turned and went towards Dominic. As I walked, I caught sight of Zayn, Niall and Paul and I quickly gave them each a hug.

'I'm sorry', whispered Zayn as I hugged him. 'Dont you dare apologize, Zayn. You rescued me and brought me to this happy place. Let me do the rescuing now', I said and his eyes filled up

'It's okay. It's for the best. Just please take care of yourself and Nova. I want you to be happy Zayn, you deserve it', I said giving his hand a squeeze. I knew what had happened, Harry had briefed me in on it as we had waited for the plan. I knew Zayn was hurting and I knew he never meant to harm me, I just hope he'd never make the decision to leave.

'The second you leave with them, my men will cut you off at the road', assured Dominic as I buttoned my coat to protect me from the cold night.

'What did you tell them', I asked.

'That we'd get you before the switch', he replied and I nodded.