Chapter 57

VALENTINA

I quietly stepped out of my room once it was about 1 am, I was sure that by this time everyone would be sleep.

The halls would be security free and I could walk out without the fear of being caught. Besides, I wasn't stepping out of the hotel or anything.

I tip-toed my way through the hallway and when I reached Harry's room, I paused on hearing his voice.

Why on earth was he still up?

'...She's coming Mum', said his voice and I felt something tickle my insides.

He was calling up his Mom about us.

I smiled and then quickly made my across the hallway but just as I was about to pass the elevator doors, it opened before me.

'Valentina?', asked a confused voice.

My heart hammered against my chest as I came face to face with a frowning Niall.

I fumbled a bit with my hands as he approached me with a questioning look.

'You know you're not supposed to be outside without someone', he said seriously but I quickly covered his mouth so he wouldn't wake up anyone.

Niall look stunned as I dragged him to the staircase and I motioned him to remain silent.

'Val!', he yelled/whispered and I folded my hands begging him to keep silent and he sighed.

'You're up to something', he said suddenly as I pulled him along with me to Domenico's room.

'Well I won't help you', he said firmly and then it ended up as a showdown of tug of war with him trying to drag me back to the rooms while I wanted to go the other way.

In any other circumstances this would have been comedic as both us were trying to keep as quiet as possible while fighting.

I finally let go of him and gave him a pleading look.

Niall finally gave up and sighed as he ran his hand through his hair.

'Fine, but I swear if I sense anything wrong, I will call security', he said and I nodded eagerly.

'Oh and I won't take a bit of the blame', he added and I raised an eyebrow at me.

I then quickly wrote in my journal.

'Oh yeah? What's your excuse for coming through the elevators so late?'

I watched as he stammered for an answer and I put my hands on my hips as I gave him a sly expression.

'Okay fine! I'll do whatever you want!', he scowled and I fist pumped the air in victory as I continued my way along the hall.

I gently knocked on Domenico's door and sure enough he opened it.

'I knew you would come', he said with a smile but it fell as he saw Niall who clearly looked confused.

'I asked for a private conversation', said Domenico with a slightly annoyed expression.

'Sorry mate, but this one will never be available alone', replied Niall with a smug expression and I couldn't help but smile a bit.

'You're one of those singers', commented Domenico.

'One out of five of One Direction', he replied proudly.

'Well whatever it takes to talk with you Serafina', he said and then lead us towards the open terrace garden.