Chapter 65

ZAYN

'The only thing I like about the Europe leg of the tour is that we can go home, whenever we want to', said Louis. 'I think you're only talking about yourself, mate', said Liam and we all nodded. Louis had a tenancy to just leave and come back whenever he wanted to.

'I'm not really excited this time', said Harry and we looked at him confused. 'Val is leaving in a couple of days', he said. 'Well we did knew this day would arrive, sooner or later', said Niall after a moment of silence.

'I know but I'm just worried about leaving her. Will she find her family? Will she be alright? I mean she can't talk or even remember! Oh and don't forget that bloke of a duke who claims to be her fiancé!', he exclaimed.

'Well he is...', started Louis.

'Don't', we said in unison.

'Harry, slow down. I mean did you even think that we would let her go without confirming that she would be safe?', asked Liam.

He sighed and leaned back into his chair.

'You're right. I'm probably just overacting', he said.

'You're not mate. Trust me', I said and he replied with a faint smile.

I knew exactly how Harry felt at the moment. He had been looking quite tense ever since the tour had restarted and Valentina had informed me that she told him what happened with Dominic back at the hotel. I remember feeling the same way back when Nova's life was on the line and no doubt, he felt the same way now.

A vibration in my pocket brought me back to reality and as I took my phone out, I was startled to see Mum's name appear on the screen.

'Hello', I said not knowing what to expect.

' Zayn', she said and my heart beat fast as I realized she was crying and so I braced myself for what she had to say.

'What? Is it everything okay?', asked Niall once I put my phone down.

'For once in my life, I think so', I said staring into some empty void.

'Okay you're freaking us out Malik', said Louis as he stood up.

I shook my head and let out a long breath,

'She's awake'.

***

An hour later (which seemed like an eternity) we arrived at the hospital and Waliyha greeted me at the lobby.

'Mashallah!', she exclaimed as I hugged her but I couldn't even respond as my throat hurt from my unshed tears.

'Come on, everyone's upstairs', she said and the lads followed us as well.

My family had already seen and talked to her, so the five of us entered.

'Well if it isn't the world's number one boy band', came her voice as we entered the room. I was the last to enter so just hearing her voice made me wonder if this was even real and then I finally saw her.

She looked pale but life had returned to her eyes and she was all smiles.

'Oh wait, um you didn't get replaced or anything right? I heard I was out for a year', she said.

'Amazing to know you didn't change one bit', said Harry and she grinned.

'Still going strong for the ladies, Styles?', she countered back and he raised his hands in surrender.

Slowly her eyes found mine and I felt my heart jump to my throat.

'Hi songbird', she said and I leaned back to the wall for support.

'Guys, let's give them some space', said Liam and finally it was just the two of us.

'Well? Aren't you going to say something?', she asked and I noticed her eyes had begun to fill up.

I didn't know how to react. It was like she was back from the dead and I couldn't believe it. She was finally here

'Babe', I finally said and she let out a small cry.

In an instant, I was by her side as I took her frail body into my arms and before I knew it, I was crying too.

'Mashallah', I finally said as I kissed her head and she looked up at me.

'You look tired', she said.

'Says the one who woke up from coma', I said and she laughed.

'I missed you so much, Nova. You have no idea how it felt to look at you every day, not knowing whether you would make it or not! It was like I was living in some nightmare! All I could see was you on the floor in the hotel and -', but she stopped me by putting her hand over my mouth like she used to do.

'And I'm here now', she finished and I nodded. 'I came back Zayn', she said and my heart leaped as I heard her speak my name for the first time after a long year.

'I love you', I said and gently kissed her on her lips. 'Stay', she said as I pulled away.

'I'm not going anywhere', I said and lay down beside her as she cuddled into my chest and before I knew it, she had fallen asleep.