Chapter- 29

HARRY

'Back already?', asked Paul as we entered the bus and Valentina grinned at him.

'Val's not the shopping type', I replied with a shrug.

'Not the shopping type? Could I please introduce to me my sisters?', asked Louis with a desperate tone and she giggled.

'The crew bus has managed to keep up with us', said Paul and I felt my high spirits drop low.

I looked at the lads and noticed that they were frowning as well.

'But can't she stay here?', asked Niall like a child who was asking his Mum if he could keep a stranded puppy.

'You know the rules lads, only band members and family in this bus', he said shaking his head.

'But she is family', I said and she looked at me with a stunned expression.

'We're her only friends and she's a part of us now', I continued.

'Harry's right, we can't just let her go', said Liam.

'Besides, she's not comfortable with unknown faces, why take the risk?', asked Louis.

Paul sighed and shook his head.

'Paul please, I know it's a lot to ask but with Zayn in London, we have a spare bed and I don't want her to feel vulnerable anymore', I said as I remembered how she got scared when we were paped.

I turned to look at her and I found her with tears in her eyes and they were sending me a message, a plea not to let her go.

'I promised to take responsibility and I would like to keep that promise', I said looking into her soft brown eyes and I gave her hand a small squeeze of assurance.

Paul groaned and I grinned as I knew I had won this argument.

'You are a manipulative bastard, Styles', he growled and I flashed my dimples at him.

I felt a tug on my sleeve and I looked to find Val holding up her board which read,

Are you in trouble?

'No, not at all', I answered and she smiled brightly.

'Show us what you bought love', said Liam and she happily skipped over to him and the lads gathered around her as she showed off her new wardrobe with animated gestures and expressions.

'She's got an appointment tomorrow morning, make sure she's prepared for it', said Paul as he watched them.

I nodded and started to walk towards them but he stopped me.

'Harry', he said and I looked at him.

'Don't wear your heart in your sleeve', he said.

Why was everyone telling me this?

I rolled my eyes at him which made him sigh.

'I've been watching you and I've seen the way you look at her', he said and I gulped as I felt my stomach make a flip.

'I just care about her', I said trying to convince myself as well as Paul.

'I know you do Harry. You have a great big heart and you always want to help people in need but I think you need to slow down on this one. She reminds me of-', but he stopped there and shook his head.

'Nova', I finished for him and looked at the breakfast bar.

For a moment I actually saw her tall figure leaning playfully against the counter with her gentle little smirk and dirty blonde hair over one shoulder.