Chapter 72

HARRY

The next few days were spent visiting the hospital in-between our schedules. I no longer felt the fear that I used to have about losing her because my time with her had given me the courage to ask her to stay with me and not leave.

'I want to talk to you about something', I said as I pulled back from a kiss.

'Do you really have to?', she pouted and pulled me towards her to continue the kiss but I smiled and gently pulled away and held her hands in mine.

'It's important', I said and she looked at me attentively.

'I was thinking about how you have to leave and I was wondering...whether...you...wanted to...'

'Stay here with you?', she completed with an eager expression and I nodded nervously.

Valentina sat back without letting go of my hand to think and then said,

'I don't even know if I'll have anything if I go back. I wouldn't even know where to begin', she said.

For a minute I felt selfish to want her to stay with me and not go back to find her past and take back what belonged to her but I couldn't be self-righteous at the moment. All I wanted was her by my side.

'Then stay', I said and watched as a smile appeared on her face.

'Okay', she said and I attacked her with a kiss causing her to fall back into her bed with me over her.

'I'll never let anything or anyone take you away from me and I promise to help you find your past once we're in the clear', I said and she pulled me down by my collar.

'Ahem'

I looked up to find Zayn at the door and quickly got up.

'Sorry to disturb this but I need to talk to you', he said and I watched as Valentina covered her face with a pillow form embarrassment.

'Okay', I said quickly and he turned to leave giving me a window to give her a quick peck on her forehead before leaving with him.

'What did you want to talk about?', I asked.

'Remember what I was talking to you about before she fell?', asked Zayn and I took a minute to remember that moment.

'You mean about dropping her home?', I asked.

'Yes. You were talking about wanting to ask Dominic for help', he said.

I did?

'Well that's not a problem anymore', I said with a smile and he looked at me confused.

'I asked her to stay with me and she agreed', I said.

'You what?', he asked looking confused.

'We're in love', I said with a flustered smile.

'Oh, that's really great, man', he said but he didn't look that pleased.

'What is it?', I asked.

'No, I was just thinking about whether she'd want to know about her past. According to Dominic she's the heir to a lot of businesses', he said and I felt annoyed at how he wasn't being supportive even though my conscience was telling me the same thing as well.

'Do you not want us to be together?', I asked angrily.

'That is not what I meant and you know that', he countered.

'What's going on?', asked Louis as he arrived along with Liam and Niall.

'Zayn doesn't want Val to stay', I said.