Chapter 59

I am sooooo sorry for not updating in along time! College is just so hectice that tonight was the only time I actually got to breathe!
Hope you havent given up on me!

HARRY

Valentina looked scared as she stepped into the threshold of my house.

'What's wrong?', I asked and she shook her head.

'There are bedrooms upstairs and downstairs, you can choose your pick', I said and she nodded.

'Val', I called again as she remained like a statue and she blinked at me.

I chuckled at her expression and she shifted her weight on to her left leg in frustration.

'Are you feeling uncomfortable or anything?', I asked with an amused expression and she peered into the living room.

'Are you wondering why it's empty?', I asked taking a wild guess and she nodded.

I chuckled again and then took the bags from her hands.

I could hear her quick footsteps as she tried to keep up with my long strides so I smirked knowing that I had the upper hand this time.

This time I was the one not answering questions and I could tell that it was just making her even more frustrated.

I walked up the stairs and then opened the first door on the left.

Val followed me into the room and I smiled as she stood in awe. I would too, this room was my favorite apart from my own in the house.

This had a very classic yet modern touch to it. The room was beige with an ivory carpeted floor, in the center, against the wall was a king sized bed with an empty wooden frame which was meant for drapes but I preferred them being bare. The view you got on entering the room was the lawn and pool which was because the entire side was made of glass panels. On the far left was the bathroom and dressing room. Everything had a shade of beige and brown which made it feel even more comfortable.

'You like it?', I asked and she smiled in response.

'Good, you'll be spending three days here anyway', I said and prepared to leave but her stunned expression and hold on my arm made me stop in my tracks.

'What?', I asked with a small smile and she motioned to the room with her hands.

'What's wrong with the room?', I asked acting like I didn't know what she was trying to convey.

She huffed and grabbed her journal.

Where is everyone?

'What do you mean?', I asked and she looked at me in wonder.

'I live here alone', I said with a smug expression.

I watched in amusement as Valentina's eyes widened and so I continued on my way out.

I could hear her run after me so I decided to keep the conversation going,

'What do you want for dinner?'

She simply blinked at me.

'You're not hungry?', I asked crossing my arms against my chest.

I watched as she took a step back and then played with her fingers as she looked everywhere for an answer except my face.

This was entertaining.

'Or I could take you out', I said happily and began to dial but she quickly stopped me by launching herself at me.

'What? You don't want me to take you out? Or are you scared to be seen together?', I asked raising an eyebrow at her as I held her straight.

Valentina slowly let go of me and then took a step back.

'Val?', I asked and she looked at me through her eyelashes.

'Are you uncomfortable living in this house alone with me?', I finally asked and she fidgeted around a bit.

'I can tell that you are', I added and she looked at me with a worried expression.

'Val, you have nothing to be worried about. Okay? It's perfectly safe here and I won't do anything out of line if that's what you're scared about', I said and I could feel my heart rate accelerate a bit as those last words came out of my mouth.

Valentina looked at me with an expression that was quite confusing so we ended up staring at each other until I felt the heat rise from beneath my collar, so I coughed and took a step back.

I trust you.

I smiled at her sentence and then decided to tell her what I had planned.

'The reason why we're here is that it's closer from the airport and I'd rather drive you myself to Cheshire, which by the way is where I live', I started.

'The London house is just for me when I'm here or taking a break away from the band. You're perfectly safe here, no one can touch you here', I said.

'Your home town?'

I smiled at her question and continued.

'Yeah, my Mum lives there with Robin and I guess Gemma might be there as well', I said and I could see that she looked confused again.

I sighed and lead her to the island in the kitchen where she sat on the high stool while I made a brew.

'Robin is my step dad and Gemma is my older sister', I explained and looked at her.

I could tell that she was still curious but that she was remaining silent due to courtesy so I decided to tell her anyway.

'My parents divorced when I was really young. My dad is married and he's happy. Robin is a really nice guy and he makes Mum happy so I'm pretty cool with the whole thing. I really don't remember the entire divorce phase because I was a kid back then, so maybe that's why I'm not that affected by it. I can't actually remember anything that would cause me to regret my parent's marriage', I explained and then handed her the framed photo of Mum and Robin on their wedding day.

Do you miss your Dad?

'Yeah, I do. I visit him when I can and sometimes he even comes down to tour', I said with a smile.

You're lucky to have a big family, Harry

I smiled and shrugged, 'Yeah, I guess I am', I said and I caught her frown slightly and it hit me as I realized where all of this was coming from.

'You'll find your family, Val. We'll be in Italy in no time and you'll be happy too', I said but I was confused as I noticed her fingers clamp on to the marble counter and she looked down.

'Val?', I asked taken aback by her reaction.

She simply shook her head and then met my eyes with a more calmer expression than before.

I was stunned at her capability to hide her emotions so well that I even doubted if I had imagined her act like she was falling apart.

'Mum is pretty excited about meeting you', I said steering the topic away and I was relieved as it brought a smile on her face.

'You don't have to worry about anything. She doesn't know anything, all she knows is that you're a friend from tour who needs help to get home', I said assuring her and she smiled gratefully at me.

'So, do you want to order or go out?' I asked.

Order

I grinned and nodded as I started to dial the local Chinese restaurant.

Valentina took the time to admire the room we sat in and I chose the moment to study her. Her eyes were full of wonder, yet they held fear. It was like she was ready to react to anything like she was on guard, but for what?

What on earth was she possibly hiding from me?