Chapter 54

ZAYN

'Here comes the food train!', cooed Louis as he held a spoon full of soup in front of my face.

'Fuck off', I said and he cackled.

'Here, use a straw', offered Liam and I blinked at him.

'In what universe would one use a straw to drink soup?!', asked a horrified Louis.

'I have', he said and I shook my head.

'Well if you don't want it through your mouth, we could always cram it through your veins', said Harry and I stared at him.

'Since when did they provide soup through drips?', asked a confused Niall and just as I was about to open my mouth to provide a sarcastic reply, Louis stuffed the spoon into my mouth.

My teeth stung on impact with the steel while the pepper in the soup made me cough.

'THAT'S WHY I USE A STRAW!', exclaimed Liam as he handed me a cup of water, with a straw I might add.

'How do you eat chicken soup then?', asked Harry.

'Those wider straws', he replied.

'Oh for the love of God!', I groaned and they all chuckled.

'Can someone please tell our bloody management, that I am not fucking disabled?!', I exclaimed and groaned as I fell back into the hospital bed.

'Language', scolded Louis and I glared at him.

'Rich coming from you', laughed Niall.

'You're worse than me, Niall', stated Louis to which he shrugged.

'You got shot in the arm Zayn, that pretty much makes you temporarily disabled', said Liam.

'You're lucky you got shot in the arm, what were you thinking?', asked Niall with a frown.

'Oh I don't know, maybe the idea of Nova's brains creating a wonderful pattern on my shirt?', I asked and they rolled their eyes at me.

'You don't even know her', frowned Harry, who clearly didn't like her much.

'Yeah well she better bloody confess after this heroic stunt', I growled.

'Confess?', asked Niall.

'She has a secret', I said.

'How would you know?', asked Liam.

'Well for starters she's always paranoid when we go out and she's adamant on having security wherever she goes', I said.

'Sounds fishy to me', said Louis.

'Excuse me'.

We looked towards the door to find Nova standing timidly against the door frame.

'Come in', I said.

'I need to talk to you', she said and then looked at everyone else.' Alone', she included but the lads didn't budge.

'I think you guys should go', I said and I'm pretty sure I heard Louis cough, 'whipped'.

I was not whipped, hell no.

'Thank you', she said as the room became empty.

'I'll do whatever it takes for you to tell me what's going on', I said with a scowl and she nodded.