Chapter- 4

I just couldn't help updating!

Tell me what you think!

xoxox

*******

ZAYN

I stumbled to the ground due to the collision and when I looked up I was stunned to see a girl groaning next to me.

'Hey are you alright?', I asked as I watched her struggle to get up but she was more focussed on getting up.

My attention was suddenly captured by her appearance, I mean it wasn't unusual to find people dressed in weird clothes around New York, but it was definitely not right to find someone look like they had been assaulted.

Her clothes were torn at different places and I could tell that they were not very clean. A nearby car's head lights caused me to see her face and I couldn't help but widen my eyes.

Her face sported various bruises and there was an untreated cut near her lips as if it was prone to constant tearing.

What on earth had this girl been through to possibly look like this?

'You're hurt', was the only intelligent thing that I could say after my keen observation.

Note the sarcasm.

I held her by her arm, trying to help her get up but she gently pushed me away as I did so.

It was as if she refused to be touched and I wondered why she would act like that, was she afraid of me?

'I'm sorry', I said and she looked at me as if I said something amazing.

She took that opportunity to study me completely and I suddenly felt awkward.

I mean I was never the guy to act or feel normal under the gaze of girls, which was Harry's area of expertise; I was always the silent guy in the background.

She suddenly whipped her head behind her and then turned to face me and her eyes were trying to tell me something.

Why couldn't she just say something?

She then grabbed my arm and that caught me completely off guard, I mean for someone who refused to be touched a second ago.

She then began to tug at my jacket and I gave her a confused look, trying hard to read her face.

She then started to make desperate sounds and tried to make me follow her angle of vision to a scene that was unfolding behind us.

It was then that I made out two burly figures making their way towards us through the traffic and then it hit me.

She was being chased.

Well join the club, love.

It wasn't like I knew any places to hide but I knew that whatever this girl was running from, it meant danger.

I ran my hand through my hair and suddenly the craziest idea popped through my head.

I looked at her and said, 'Look, I don't know if you understand me, but you have to trust me', I said slowly, hoping that she would understand.

Miraculously, she nodded.

I took a deep breath and prayed to whoever was watching over Louis whenever he attempted his daredevil acts.

Before I knew it, I found myself running into the crowd of screaming Directioners with some girl I found in the middle of New York City.

I mean, totally normal, right?