Chapter 32

UNKNOWN P.O.V

'Him!', shouted Andrew, pointing to a magazine stand, as we were stuck in the traffic.

'Who?', I asked annoyed.

'He was the one who took her!', he exclaimed and I looked out of the window to see what he was looking at.

'ONE DIRECTION TOURS AMERICA'

'One Direction?', I asked as I looked at the five men on the cover.

I signaled to the man selling it and handed him some money for the magazine.

'This one here, the pretty face', he said and I looked at the olive toned man who had a far away look in his eyes.

'You're tellin' me that that slut is out there with an international band?!', I asked incredulously.

'Do you realize how difficult it will be to track her down?!', I asked furiously and rubbed at my temples knowing that her buyer would kill me if he knew.

That girl was now surrounded by tight security and was constantly on the road, making her a difficult target to track.

'It says here that they'll be playing at Washington tomorrow', said Dean and I looked up.

'But how do we get to her?', asked Andrew.

'I may know how', I murmured and started to make some calls.

HARRY

'Tell her eat something Haz', said Louis with a concerned look.

'Yeah, at least some crisps', said Niall who handed over his stash.

'I've been trying to get her out of bed since morning, yet alone eat', I said with a tired expression.

'Well what good is starving herself?', asked Niall with a frown and I shook my head.

'Is it actually true?', asked Liam who was still shaken by the news and I nodded sadly.

'And she never knew', he said with a sigh.

'It was better that way', murmured Louis and we nodded.

'I'll go ask her again', I said and grabbed some yogurt out of the fridge as well.

'Val', I called softly but all I got were some sniffs as a reply.

'Val, you cant starve yourself', I said and she drew back the covers allowing me to see her broken self.

'Oh love', I sighed and climbed in the bed as well.

She let out a sob and then cried into my chest as I put my arms around her and tried to comfort her like one would do for a child.

'Maybe it was for the best', I said and she looked at me with a horrified expression.

'I mean think about it, what would you have done if you had known', I said and she leaned back to think about what she had just learned about herself.

'Valentina, did you ever loose appetite or feel sick during your stay there?', asked Karen.

She shrugged.

'Do you remember anything about the operation at all? Did they tell you anything?', she asked but Valentina shook her head.

'This might come as shocking dear, but you were once pregnant', said Karen and I felt my heart pause for a moment.

Valentina looked as if she could faint any instant and so I immediately held her hand.

'But then that means', I said.

'Yes Harry, her scars are abortion scars', said Karen gravely and the girl beside me burst into tears.

Valentina had not stopped crying since that piece of information and she had been crying ever since.

I chose to stay in her hotel room and when I realized it was getting out of hand, I had no choice but to let the other lads know as well, which was why they were here as well.

'I would have stopped them'

'Val, don't tell me that you actually believe you could raise a child in that hell!', I exclaimed but she remained unresponsive.

'Val, I'll tell you what they would have done if you refused to abort. They would have sent the child to an orphanage or worse, would have thrown you out in New York. Where would you go? You barely knew where you were when Zayn first met you', I asked seriously.

Her lips trembled and she started to cry again.

'Val, you cant stay like this', I pleaded but she refused to let anything that I said have any effect on her.

'At least eat', I pleaded but she ignored me and looked outside.

'It feels like the beginning again', I sighed as I walked out of the room.

'Shes become distant, hasn't she?', asked Niall and I nodded.

'We need Zayn', said Liam.

He was right, only Zayn could reach out to her now.

'Or we could just take her mind off of things', said Louis.

'Like?', I asked.

'I have a theory', said Liam suddenly and we looked to find his face beaming.

'Please do enlighten us', said Louis and he fake glared at him.

'Valentina is in shock because she lost a child right, so obviously she's having thoughts about her almost being a mother', he said.

'No shit, Sherlock', deadpanned Louis.

'What I meant is, why not give her a chance to experience motherhood?', he asked.

'You mean knock her up again?', asked Niall and Liam face palmed himself.

Honestly, I thought the same thing so I chose to remain silent.

'I meant, let her interact with another infant in substitute for the one she lost', he said with a tired expression.

'Good idea Payno, but the thing is, we are a touring band, not a mobile nursery', said Louis crossing his arms.

'I may have an idea on where we can get a child', I said suddenly and they all stared at me with a stunned expression.

'It's not mine', I said in monotone and I rolled my eyes as I watched them relax.

'Val', I called once again and she peeked up from under the sheets.

'I need a favor', I said and she looked at me skeptically.

'I kind of have a meet and greet session in a few minutes but I kinda promised this lil' one that I would play with her, could you help me out?', I asked innocently, hoping that she wouldn't catch up.

'Hello!', piped Lux as she climbed onto the bed and I watched as Val looked at her in surprise.

'You two ladies have met before, so this should easy! Gotta go!', I exclaimed and made a dash for the door before she could stop me.