White, Black, and Yellow all Over

Leaning against the concrete grey wall, Remaerd slid down against it until he sat upon the ground. He adjusted his tail bit for better comfort, head handing low between pointed shoulders. He was the last of his kind, the last of the demonic, cannibalistic, human purging Srennis. And to top it all off, he was a Senoyloh. That’s right; a Srennis of inverted color, a subordinate weakling among his own kind. Born of white with black scales, he was automatically seen as a lesser. Of all to survive, it was a Senoyloh of unstable genetics.

       Despite the abusive life he’s lived, he missed the power and possessiveness of the black Stnaryt. The beatings, the offensive slurs and terms, the occasional whipping; he wished for it all back if it meant they were alive.

       Apparently, the black scales of the Srennis species absorbed toxins more readily than white scales, therefore causing the downfall of the Stnaryt when the humans gassed them out. Senoyloh, on the other hand, survived the poisonous gad. They were unable to repopulate, nonetheless. Most of the females were Stnaryts, while there were very few female Senoyloh. Daily waves gassing picked off a handful of them at first, them more and more died off.

       Until only Remaerd was left.

       The gassing ended after three days. Then it ended, and no more people patrolled the sewers. He was safe. Safe and alone in the world.

       He would stare down at his hands — two fingers and a thumb — and watch as his claws elongated and retracted. Each were up to four inches long and as sharp as knives, his personal set of weapons. Truthfully, it was his fault things turned out like this.

       He was the one that picked the fight with Atehd, sending him to the Dark Mists. He was the one that exposed the Srennis to the humans. He gave them the information. He had to be the one to fall in love… and this was the price he paid. The death of his brothers and sisters, of the queen and her partner, the death of his past living.

       Yellow Srennis blood was still lightly smeared on some areas of the sewers; what they used to use as paint. At times, he would cut himself to use his own blood to draw pictures on the walls. Dertah, Tsurtsid, Ytlayolsid, Ylsuolaej, and Tsul. They all practically looked the same, considering the Srennis were a clone race, but he could distinguish their differences. He still remembered. He would always remember.

-

{ to semi blow your minds, this is how i came up with the names -- i took a word and wrote it backwards whoa! Remaerd -- dreamer . Srennis -- sinners . Senoyloh -- holyones . Stnaryts -- tyrnats . Atehd -- death , i kinda cheated on that one whoops . Derteh -- hatred . Ytlayolsid -- disloyality . Tsurtsid -- distrust . Ylsuolaej -- jealously . Tsul -- lust }