Frozen in the Body

/ Mini-Stony-fanfic /

Mouth agape, eyes wide. Muscles tensed — movement. This had happened before, so it wasn’t all too bad. But this time, it would last longer. He saw everything through a distorted window, passing figures dancing strangely.

       Steve Rogers was, once again, frozen.

       A block of ice placed in the basement of famous Mr. Stark. A sort of piece added to his collection.

       Unfortunately, the ice of a Frost Giant was more difficult to melt to it should take several days, perhaps weeks, before Steve was free once more.

       “You should’ve been more careful,” Tony said as he tried to melt the ice with a hair dryer. “I mean, he was right in front of you.” He would talk on and on to this frozen hero, who couldn’t even hear him, and blow-dried the ice day after day.

       He would run his hand over the place he was the day before to see if he had made a dent into it. Hardly. And so Tony tinkered away on a robot blowtorch arm. Steve’s eyes would have widened further when the small thing was completed and began to eject the flames. Tony watched the ice carefully, and five minutes later, it began to melt.

       Smirking just the slightest, he went off to build more of these bots to speed up the melting process. All the while, Steve felt the small heat creep through the ice, fearing he would later feel the pain of true flames.

-----

       Tony Stark sat in a chair before the block of Steve, watching his contraptions burn through the ice. “You bastard…,” he murmured, referring to a particular Avenger’s brother. But also to the man incased in ice. It wasn’t like it was the Captain’s fault, but it was Tony’s style to always be bugging someone. After all, style was everything to him.

[ thats the end of the fic . there shall be no continuation ]