Gemstones of the Heartless [Updated/ Part 2]

“I-I don’t believe I can do that,” Pearl said with a widening of her eyes, hands on Steven’s shoulders, pulling him back into the house.

       “Now, I don’t think it’s any secret, knowing you’re not human.” Rose pressed on. She wanted what she came here for. The information, the answers. Summoning her Florana, the two gems back away quickly. She didn’t use the weapon, but held it to her side for intimidation. “The whole town knows. Why can’t I? I’m a fellow non-human.”

       “How did you do that…?” the paler breathed out, referencing to the weapon. The girl seemingly had no gem to summon it from—how in the world did she get her hands on such a blade? Such an interesting vine design, sharp black rose petals for slicing in multiple areas… A bud of envy planted itself in Pearl’s core. She wanted that gorgeous blade. But she quickly snapped out from her phase, coming-to the threatening danger before her. “Amethyst! Garnet!” the gems cried out.

       “So there’s more of you? Three? And your names are relative to the stone you possess. How fascinating,” the Nobody said with a grin as she stepped over the threshold if the beach house. Her eyes took in the new scenery of the room; kitchen to her right, a lofted bedroom and a few couches to her left. An odd door with a star on it and a crystal platform before her. What did they do? Hopefully, she’d find out.

       The door oozed purple diagonally through that peeled back in strings to open. From it, a stoutly plump, purple skinned woman come from it. “Yo, Pearl, is somethin’ — whoa, who’s she?” Her voice was gravelly, but excited and laid back, a grin to her thick lips. An amethyst stone to her chest.

       Pearl grit her teeth, the gem in her forehead glowing as she summoned her spear. “Wait, Pearl, what if she’s nice?” Steven quickly asked, standing between the two non-humans. “Get out of the way Steven!” Pearl scolded. “She’s a hostile intruder!” Rose and Amethyst raised their eyebrows, Steven still refusing to move from his position.

       “I am an enemy only until I am given what I’ve asked for. But for now, it seems as enough.” There was a slight smile to the Nobody’s lips, her Florana flashing away in a dim light. A dark corridor, a portal-like void, swirled open behind her, receiving an awed ‘whoa’ from Amethyst and Steven. “I’ll be back soon,” she said, stepping back into the portal. Then it faded away into nothingness, leaving behind black tendrils that also faded, as if it had never existed.

       “N-no, wait!” Pearl called out with a tinge of flustered panic, lunging past Steven to slash at where the dark corridor had been. But it was too late. The unknown girl was gone.

       “What’s going on?”

       Garnet had finally stepped out form the temple, a bubbled gem floating above one of her hands, adjusting her glasses with the other. “I heard some noises, but I sensed the danger wasn’t too threatening.”

       “Some chick was here—Pearl said she was some sorta bad guy, buuuuuut she got away,” Amethyst said with a smirk to the ever perfect Pearl, who huffed in agonizing uncertainty. The younger of them all, Steven, watched the conversation unfold before him. Then he smiled. “She seemed pretty cool.”

       On the other hand, Pearl was freaking out. “S-She just waltzed right in! No gem but she still summoned a weapon! I-I — we didn’t even know who she was!” She was flustered with so much confusion.

       Garnet placed a hand to her hip. “What did she want?”

       “Information on us. Who we were, what we were — everything.” Pearl ran a hand through her hair with a sigh.

       “If she comes back, which she will, tell her she as to answer to me.” The leader pointed to herself, looked down at Steven, tousled his hair, and returned to the depths of the temple.

{ so i guess i'm writing a Steven Universe fanfic now . great . another fic to add to the list . might become its own thing like "Little Fools." Thoughts? }