I Wish I were Excited

Zach rolled his eyes as he closed his locker, Yasmine letting out a groan, lifting her head to the ceiling. They were twins, but hardly even looked like each other; no one ever really believed them when they said they were siblings. “Zach, I’m not lying to you! Do I ever lie to you?” Yasmine asked persistently as she struggled to keep up with his gait, the halls empty except for the occasional student or staff. She had a point, and Zach couldn’t help but sigh in defeat.

       “Okay, tell me it again,” he said as he tossed her a small glance, to which she nodded.

       “Jeremy said we would be having a guest coach, and Allie said that she knew who it was but wouldn’t tell me.” She paused for a breath. “Then I asked Harper if she knew who the coach was, and she said it was Bela Koreli!” Now she was grinning to her brother, waiting for his reaction.

       Although he tried to maintain a stoic expression, Zach’s eyes shone in excitement, biting his lip to keep from smiling. They left the building they were in, walking across campus to the parking lot. Yasmine saw this, rolled her eyes, and slugged his arm playfully. “Oh c’mon, say something!”

       He laughed and stumbled a bit from her punch, raising his hands in surrender. “Okay, okay! Yea man that’s totally awesome and all, but when if it’s not Bela? I mean, Harper says lots of things that aren’t true, so….” He raised an eyebrow to his sister, eyes turned down at her as he unlocked the car.

       “Well…” Yasmine trailed off, setting her backpack beside her gum bag in the trunk of the small sentra. “That’s very true, but what if it is?”

       Zach shrugged, turning the engine on and pulling out from his spot into the open road. “Then we’ll find out during practice.” Then he looked at her for a moment. “Chipotle?”

       She nodded with a smile. “Chipotle.”

{ 100th section yay :D }