Prompt

Jace frowned when he finally found you. Since Clary's arrival you'd felt a little out of place. Izzy tried to help cheer you up but you had to admit. Even that didn't help much. It was like feeling lost in your home. So after a long talk with Alec you decided it was time to leave.

"Hey (Y/N)! I need some help." Jace called as he knocked on the door. You'd been kneeling beside a chest of draws, packing your bags when he entered. Shooting to your feet you looked over at him. He was looking over your bags and the boxes of your things while Clary and Simon lurked in the doorway, hesitant to enter without actually being invited. They certainly weren't comfortable to barge in like Jace. "What all this?"

"I'm packing up. Didn't Alec tell you?"

"Tell me what?"

"That I'm going back to Idris."

Jace frowned as he stared at the bag you'd been packing. "What do you mean? Why would you go back to Idris. It's not your home! Your home is here."

"I just... I'm not that helpful at the moment and I'd rather go back and read up on some subjects I've fallen behind on and..."

"You feel out of place so you're running away." Jace said calmly as he cut you off.

"Well there's no point staying if I'll be a liability."

"You are not a liability (Y/N)! We need you, I need you. You know Izzy does she'll go nuts without you here." He smiled when you laughed at that last comment. As he spoke his hand came up to gently stroke your cheek. "I don't think you realize how important you are to a lot of people around here."

You hugged him, feeling his arms wrap around you as he hugged you back, squeezing as he reluctantly let you go.