Mundane Love

There was only one thing Jace loved about Solo missions. Sneaking into your room once he was done, you'd leave your window open and he'd easily scale the balconies, curling up with you as you talked together until you fell asleep.

At first you a thrill, something he wasn't supposed to talk to or open up to but he did it anyway. Then he started developing new feelings, wanting you to be his, the thought of you alone had his heart sinking. It didn't take long after that for him to not so subtly ask you out but nothing changed much.

He kept you a secret from the Shadow world and the only time you breathed a word of his existence was to any someone who was flirting or picking on you. Jace would abandon whatever he was doing as soon as he could and it was soon clear that the tatted boy in leather was not to be messed with.

Of course no one actually knew that Jace liked it when you stroked his hair and hummed to him, that the water pressure of you shower had him practically lulled to sleep before he got to snuggle down into you bed and watch as you told him about every tiny thing that was important to you.

"(Y/N)." Jace whispered as he tapped on your window. Carefully you slipped out of bed and padded over to the door, letting him slip into your room.

"I thought you weren't coming tonight." You sighed and threw your arms around him, smiling into his shoulder when he lifted you off your feet and crushed you to his chest.

"How else would I know you safely got to sleep?" He hummed with a smirk.

He chuckled when you showed him a pair of joggers and a new fluffed up pillow just for him. By the time he'd changed and clambered into the bed next to you your eyes had fluttered shut, the even sound of your breath convincing him that you were asleep.

"I love you." He hummed quietly and kissed your shoulder while gently stroking your hair out of your face. "You don't know how much it means to me... that you still let me in here even after I spend all my tie fighting off monsters, I get to feel like a normal chilled out Mundie which really isn't that bad."

Strong arms wrapped around you and slowly your back met his front as he tucked your head under his chin and held onto you tightly.

"I love you to." You mumbled against his chest making him smile.