Sign Language

Jace smiled as he watched you with Clary and Simon, both staring intently at you as you signed out what you were talking about before replying. Every now and then you'd glance over at him and he'd either smirk and wink or return his attention to Alec who rolled his eyes knowing Jace found you adorable.

"You know how to speak to her why don't you join in?" Alec asked.

"Because I like to hear about how attractive and good at fighting I am." Jace hummed smugly.

"She doesn't say that." Alec scoffed.

"She totally does... maybe I'll tell her next time I see her." Jace hummed as he watched you wonder off with Clary and Simon, searching for Izzy.

*******************************************

Jace smiled as you signed quickly to Clary, not hiding what you were saying because you thought the two of you were the only ones who could understand sign language. He watched as you both started talking about him, keeping one eye on you the whole time so he knew what you were saying without looking like he was paying much attention.

When Alec was done talking to the group Jace headed over to the two of you smiling when you looked at him and glanced at Clary.

"You know I think you're cute as well." Jace signed out with a chuckle.

He didn't expect you to look at him with wide eyes and run off. Clary shook her head and ran after you, leaving Jace to stand rather awkwardly next to Alec who gave him an I told you so look before walking back to the mission board.

*******************************************

Later that evening Jace went to find you, slowly wondering into your room when he felt to awkward hovering in the doorway waiting for you to notice him. You tried to avoid looking at him but he grinned and crouched down in front of the small love seat you'd been curled up on reading a book.

"Hey come on now." He signed out with a chuckle.

"You really embarrassed me." You admitted and he took your hands in his, kissing them before letting go.

"Why, I think it's adorable... is it because you like me?" Jace asked.

You nodded and hid your head in your lap, peaking out at him in case he said something else. He smiled and picked up your book asking where you were and followed where your finger skimmed down to.

"You want me to read to you." He signed out letting out a low laugh when you rolled your eyes and pointed to your ears. "Here."

He lifted you up to sit in his lap, propping up the book and leant his chin on your head so he could see the pages and read it while signing it out for you. He smiled when you giggled at something he signed and corrected him, looking up at him to make a face that was clearly an I told you to look.

He chuckled and looked down at you for a moment before leaning down to press a kiss to your lips and tangled his hands in his hair, pulling you into him, as he deepened the kiss.