Untitled Part 31

"Hello little Lightwood." Jace muttered with a wink as he found you sat alone in the kitchen. You set your book down and looked at your twin's parabati silently, attempting to concentrate on the wall behind him so you could hide the blush that would have otherwise given away your feelings.

"I'm not little, Alec and I are the oldest." You pout. Jace chuckles and pushes off the door frame, making coffee, as he continued to poke fun at you.

"You're smaller than him by half an inch which means you're also shorter than me." He smirked at you and grabbed your book on his way out of the room, chuckling when you began to run after him.

********************************************************

"I'm not going." You snapped at your little sister who was holding up a skimpy dress for you to wear.

"But (Y/N) what are you going to do hang around here while we have fun?" Izzy asked. Her smug smile slide from her face when you nodded and skipped to your room.

"You bring shame to the Lightwood women, show of your cute little ass." Izzy screamed after you.

"I can show mine off if you prefer." Jace muttered as he and Alec exited their respective rooms to see what the commotion was about.

"Ew no you tried that in Idris and I'm mentally scared." Izzy muttered, shuddering as she vanished into her room. Alec watched Jace carefully, noticing the way his eyes traced your body, memorising you.

"Stop looking at my sister like that." Jace glanced at Alec and frowned, shaking his head as he vanished into his room.

*************************************************

Izzy was hunting you down because you only had half an hour to change your mind about attending Magnus Bane's latest party. You burst into Jace's room, thinking it was empty, and shut the door just as Izzy rounded the corner and began calling you. Your eyes grew wide as you realised a shirtless, sweaty Jace was looking at you questioningly.

"Hiding from Izzy?" You nodded and forced your eyes down to your feet so you wouldn't be tempted to stare at Jace.

"You can look all you want (Y/N) I know I'm hot." You could hear him chuckling when you squeaked slightly.

"How come you're not geared up yet, Izzy and Alec are?" You mumble quickly, hoping he wouldn't question your change in subject.

"Oh... um... I figured I'd stay here and train." He avoided looking at you when you frowned at him. It was rare that Jace wouldn't go out on a mission, especially one that had such a high potential for fighting.

"Jace... I swear to god if your skipping this to spend time with my sister I will kick your ass." You blushed as Alec thumped on the door and opened it, smiling at your twin who was frozen with his hand still positioned to knock again. "Oh this is really awkward." He shut the door, leaving you with Jace.

"Alec this isn't any better." As soon as you spoke he'd opened the door and picked you up slightly, swapping your places before shutting the door and shouting could be heard coming from the room.

"Alec and Jace fighting because you two like each other?" Izzy asked, making you jump a little.

"We don't like each other it's just that Jace is... Jace..." you gave up when Izzy gave you the same knowing smile she gave Alec the moment he set eyes on Magnus.

"Uhu we left you alone long enough we'd have little Shadowhunters." Izzy grinned as if she thought the idea was adorable before returning to her serious game plan face and started dragging you to your room.

"What no we wouldn't Izzy, he doesn't even like me back... I'm just his parabati's dorky twin sister who likes staying home, I'm too ugly for Jace." You didn't notice Jace frozen to the spot, hand on his bedroom door. Alec, however, saw the heart broken look on Jace's face.

"I told you she says stuff like that, she doesn't listen to me anymore." Alec whispered as he patted Jace's shoulder, encouraging him to follow you.

"So you both know that we like each other but she's... (Y/N) and is all shy and coy and dependent on you to speak for her." Jace grumbled when he saw Izzy high five Alec behind his back, indicating for Jace to go into the room she'd just exited.

"Yup so I dunno go get her... don't do anything weird with her." It was clear by the way he'd said it; Alec was uncomfortable with encouraging him to go to you but he wanted you both to be happy so he gave Jace a thumbs up.

******************************************************

"(Y/N)?" Jace muttered quietly as he slunk into your room. You hummed from your spot on the high ledge Alec and Jace had built for you when you first moved to the New York Institute. He chuckled and jumped at the ladder, pulling himself up the rest of the way, and sitting next to you on the squishy bean bags.

"Jace your too big to be up here." You giggled when he hit his head on the roof as he attempted to sit up without sitting on your legs. After a few minutes of wriggling he grunted and picked you up, shifting you both so your legs were across his and you were lent against his side furthest from the ladder.

"We wouldn't have this problem if you hadn't been so tiny when we moved here... or if you hadn't demanded a mini loft library." He smiled at you when you rolled your eyes and flopped your head on his shoulder, returning to the book you were reading.

"Well I wanted somewhere that Izzy couldn't get to." You pouted. He stared at you for a moment before chuckling and pulling your book from your hands before you could stop him.

"Remember how I used to read to you when you were mad at Alec." You nodded against his chest as he skimmed the page you'd been reading. "Woah you did not read this sort of book when you were younger." You slapped a hand over the book blushing, having completely forgotten what the book was about.

"Urm... let's talk about something else." You hiss, hiding your blush by burying into his shoulder.

"Ok, um... we can talk about... how much I love you." You could hear his heart pounding as he waited for you to respond.