One Night

You looked back up at the bathroom mirror to see Izzy stood behind you in the doorway. Shock was over her face. Your Parabatai looked ready to drop, which was ironic, because for some reason your nerves were fine. "Izzy I can explain."

"You don't need to. You and Jace had a one night stand that's been coming forever, like I'm surprised it didn't happen before. You're worried that because they were on a break and Jace got back with Clary two days later it's kind of cheating and you're pregnant. Which is crazy!" Izzy rambled out in a monotone voice.

"Ok. I don't need to explain. That is terrifyingly accurate. What do I do?" You asked as she reached out for your hands and sat you on your bed.

"We have to tell Jace." Izzy said after a few moments of silent panicking.

"We could tell Alec, that's basically telling Jace." You answered quickly and she shook her head.

"First of all Alec is scary good at keeping secrets and second... Yeah let's tell Alec first and see what he says to do." Izzy decided.

She didn't let go of your hand as you follow her through the institute. Alec was in his office talking with someone when you found him. All it took was a desperate look from Izzy to dismiss them.

"What's wrong now?" Alec asked as he prepared himself.

"Um well you know how (Y/N) and Jace..." Izzy started.

"Finally had a one night stand while he was on a break with Clary, which by the way they were on a break and she made out with a vampire so... Jace knocked her up. He did didn't he." Alec panicked a little as he put it together.

"How. How are you this good at guessing the crazy stuff that goes wrong here?" You muttered as Alec and Izzy started talking with each other.

"You can't tell him. You'll be sent back to Idris. Besides he's in the middle of these important missions and I don't want his head out of it. Not if he's still doing these. We should tell him when I can make him take some time off." Alec decided.

"Great. We don't have to tell him." You said quickly.

"Yet." Alec pointed out and you nodded.

"Sure, fine. I'm going to go and lay in my bed and freak out."

"I'll come!" Izzy said as she rushed to keep up with you.

*********************

You woke to the sound of alarms blaring and sirens going off. "What is that?" You asked Izzy who was sat up, looking alert.

"Something's broken in." She said quickly. WIthout thinking you scrambled up and grabbed at the box of weapons that you had stashed beneath your bed. Tossing one to Izzy she chuckled.

"You know Jace does the same thing for emergencies." She said before cautiously heading for the door.

You both prepared yourself for something horrifying. Some obscenely powerful demon that managed to get it's way into the building. But instead there are circle members. They'd caught the Shdaowhunters off guard and you could see Alec being held by two members.

"Where is Jace Wayland?" A man barked at him.

"I don't know. He isn't here." Alec lied. You and Izzy both flinched when the hit at him.

"We got some more." The voice came from behind you, making you jump. Someone grabbed at you while another person grabbed at Izzy.

"More Lightwoods?" The man who was interrogating Alec asked. "Kill this one, she'll break quicker." He snapped.

"Wait! Don't hurt Alec! If you take me with you I can answer your questions and Jace will come for me!" You said quickly as they raised a blade to strike at Alec.

"(Y/N)!" Izzy tried to gasp out through the arm that had her in a headlock.

"Deal." The man said before they dragged you off and out of the building, through dark tunnels.

****************

"What do you mean you were attacked?" Jace yeled over the phone.

"I thought no one could get in unless they were escorted by Shadowhunters." Clary added as she leant against Jace.

"They were circle members. They took (Y/N). Izzy's trying to track where they went with Simon. We could use Luke's help." Alec said bitterly.

"Wait they took (Y/N). Why? You said they were looking for me!" Jace's voice raised an octave as he spoke.

"Because she gave herself up. She promised them that they would get you. That you would come for her if they took her. If they spared all of us. The inter institute is looking for her Jace." Alec sounded beyond stressed and Jace started storming his way home. "Jace I need to tell you something."

"What?" Jace snapped, pausing at the change in Alec's tone.

"She's pregnant. (Y/N), We weren't going to tell you until your mission was finished but... I think you should know." Alec said quickly. Jace froze, panic and fear churning in his stomach.