The argument

"(Y/N) Come on let's get you out of here." Simon huffed when Clary said goodnight to you both.

"You don't have to go we could hang out." Jace offered. You were about to politely decline but Simon snorted at the Shadowhunter and pulled you out of the building.

********************************************************

"Clary I think I found something." You called out to Clary who left Simon and Jace alone together when she jogged up to you.

"You need to leave (Y/N) alone Jace." Simon snapped as soon as you and Clary were out of sight.

"I don't get it Simon, you asked, so that we could keep Clary safe that I back off and you used that as an excuse to date her and now you want me to leave (Y/N) alone." Jace yelled at him almost in tears. Jace had a crush on you, he couldn't deny it and now that Simon seemed to be forcing you apart as well as setting Clary off limits he was getting frustrated.

"Look, she isn't like you or Clary she's just human and I don't want her getting hurt." Simon snapped glaring at Jace.

"You think I want her to get hurt, I told her not to come today but she wants to help you and Clary... I get that we aren't friends but trust me I don't want (Y/N) to get hurt." Jace's voice was sincere and Simon could swear Jace was almost in tears at the thought of being the reason for you getting injured in anyway.

"I'm sorry Jace... just please try and help me keep her safe instead of working against me." Simon held his hand out for Jace to shake.

"Fine but I like (Y/N) a lot so you better back off when I hang out with her." Jace said firmly as he shook Simon's hand.

"Are you two coming Clary found what we're looking for?" You said as you approached the boys who looked oddly peaceful and uncomfortable at the same time. They nodded and followed you to where Clary was.