Prompt

Jace had given you an outfit for Christmas. Izzy had picked it out you were sure. But it wasn't until the morning you were going to do self defence lessons with Jace and Alec that you realized. It was the first time you were wearing the outfit. You were dressed just like Jace.

Bar the trainers instead of combat boots. But when you fished out Izzy's gift to you, a pair of combat boots you felt a playful amusement. You weren't sure if they'd done it purposefully. You were sure if anyone had noticed it would have been Izzy so she got her gift in slight amusement.

When you arrive at the Institute you were allowed in. Alec had informed you that you were one of the few none Shadowhunters that were allowed to come and go. Magnus was another, though he could make the excuse of being there as a consultant if needed. The Shadowhunter who monitored who came and went would always scowl at you from the other side of their desk.

You made it through and rushed to Jace's room, knocking before letting yourself in. "How could you let me turn into you?"

Jace opened his eyes. He'd been lounging on the sofa and from the fresh runes you could see, it was clear to you, he'd been on a mission the night before. "You look great, like a real Shadowhunter!" He joked.

"As opposed to all those fake ones out there."

"You'd be surprised! Some people really try, they tried to break into Idris once but it didn't work." Jace said, adding the last part as if to reassure you.