Christmas Prompt ~ 2019

"We can do this guys. No one dies tonight." You said hopefully as Jace finally found the demon again. Originally he'd planned on dealing with it two weeks early but you had messed up. Hoping to make up for it you focused solely on finding the demon and now you, and everyone else this time, just to be sure.

"Cheery Christmas eve thought." Izzy muttered to Alec. It didn't take long for the group to deal with the demon. You tried to talk to Jace but he just kept shooting you glares. Deciding to leave it for a few hours you went back to your room and fetched the present you'd picked out for Jace.

Slowly making your way to his room, you knocked and let yourself in. "Jace?" You asked when you spotted him lay on his sofa, a pillow over his head. He groaned when he heard it was you and flopped the pillow down.

"What do you want?" He asked as he looked at you.

"I figured you might like you Christmas gift early. When he didn't reach out for it, choosing to glare at you instead, you awkwardly put the gift on the table next to him. "I fixed it, after it got broke dealing with the demon the first time."

He opened the box to find the blades he'd shattered helping you fixed. Elegant runes covered the cracks like tiny stitches on a cut. Only you could make something so daintily beautiful to turn his broken weapons into something ornate.

"Thank you." He said as he looked at them, playing with one in his hand.

"Sorry, I know you were upset about me breaking them." You mumbled. He frowned. He'd been upset you almost got hurt, that he hadn't spotted it quickly enough. In one movement he dropped the blade back in the box with a gentle thunk, reached over to grasp the back of your head and pulled you into a kiss.