Envious

"Oh! Look it's Jace and Clary." You said to Simon who had been plodding after you as you wondered around Brooklyn. "I wonder what they're doing."

"Well they're probably on a mission we wouldn't want to interrupt." Simon said as he glanced around to see where you'd seen them and if anyone else was with them. When he looked back you'd vanished. "For a human she sure does move fast." He grumbled under his breath.

"Clary! Jace!" You said cheerfully. Clary laughed as she saw you speeding through the crowd towards them.

"I'm always impressed that she can just part the Mundanes like that." Jace muttered to Clary.

"With (Y/N) you get out of the way or knocked out of the way." Clary said with a chuckle as you rushed over and nearly knocked her off her feet as you dove on her in a tight hug.

"Hello Mundie." Jace said fondly as you turned and gave him a hug. Despite his best efforts you'd managed to break through his grumpy brooding and entertained him with you oddball character. Though Clary assured you for a Mundane you were simply overly cheerful Jace was sure you had a power able to cheer everyone up.

"We have to get going." Clary reminded Jace when he gave you a wicked grin that made you flustered as you fumbled in your bag so you wouldn't have to look at him.

"Yeah. You should get going." Simon said with a scowl aimed at Jace before he turns to Clary. "We'll meet you at the usual place later."

"Sure." Clary said, frowning as she glanced between the two and motioned for Jace to carry on.

*******************************************************************

"Are you kidding me?" Simon sighed as he spotted Jace 'bumping' into you as if he hadn't noticed you ordering up the bar from Simon.

"Simon, Clary can't make it so Jace came to keep us company instead, isn't that nice!" You said cheerfully as Jace helped you carry your drinks over.

"Oh, sure. Very nice." Simon muttered and glowered at Jace who gave the same harsh look back.

At first the evening was awkward neither Jace or Simon knew if you were aware of the tension and trying hard to cheer them both up or if you simply enjoyed hanging around with them. But as the night passed by and the drinks slid down the bar all three of you began enjoying yourselves.

"You're trying to sleep with her!" Simon hissed as you excused yourself to the bathroom.

"Oh, you're not?" Jace asked and smirked as Simon growled.

"No! I just don't want you slobbering all over her because.... Because." Simon trailed off as Jace gave a victorious grin.

"Because you'd like her to yourself?" Jace asked and laughed as he sipped at his drink as Simon answered.

"No of course not. Yes. I guess so. We've been friend so long i'm not sure if we both like each other like that." Simon explained and sighed when he realised he was having a heart to heart with Jace.

"If it makes you feel better I feel a little bad for stepping on your toes." Jace offered up and Simon shook his head.

"It doesn't mean you're going to stop though does it?" He had a hopeful lift to his tone as he side-eyed Jace who paused as he tried to get at the last drop of his beer.

"If she asked me I wouldn't say no for your sake." Jace said helpfully, glancing at Simon who smiled.

"I wouldn't either. I doubt she'd ever ask either of us. Clary says she far too innocent to think about sex. She'd rather be questioning Izzy, they're always off chatting to each other." They both laughed and Jace on shifted his bar stool to face Simon.

"So who's going home with her tonight?" Jace asked and Simon let out a long sigh.

"Maybe both of you?" You asked softly and Jace's face lit up with a devilish grin as he looked you up and down.

"Oh we can walk you home. Don't worry." Simon said as he stood up and passed you your coat.

"Oh no. I meant we could all have sex together. Izzy says it's fun and I wanted to try, Magnus says it's better to try with vampires and Shadowhunters because of stamina runes and they're more fun?" You smiled when you finished explaining but the smile quickly fell when you realised Jace was gawking at you.

Simon cleared his throat and seemed to be struggling to stand up right or hide his fangs. "That sounds good." He said weakly as Jace grabbed the front of his jacket to keep him on his feet.

"Sounds great." Jace said. He was equally shocked as Simon that you of all people had propositioned them however unlike Simon he wasn't feeling the desire to bite you.

"Come on then." You said in a tone of voice that made Simon's mouth water and had Jace plodding obediently behind you as you tugged his hand towards the door.