Tink

"All that happened in one week?" You giggled as Izzy finished ranting and flopped onto your bed with you.

"Yes, it's exhausting." She complained and you nodded cuddling up with her as she ranted about everything that had happened that week.

"Maybe I could help?" You offered but she shook her head.

"I'm already in enough trouble, if the Clave found out we were friends you'd be questioned and I wouldn't want them to force you to live somewhere they can keep an eye on you." She smiled sadly when you nodded, understanding her urge to protect the peaceful spot she'd found for herself.

"You should get away, just vanish one day and not worry about anything and then come back when you're ready." You hummed, gently combing her hair as her head laid in her lap.

****************************************************

"Stop!" Someone yelled as you tried to hide. "Is Izzy here... you're her friend, one of the other Downworlders said so."

"I don't know who you're talking about." You lied, your hair turning a bright pink, you hoped they'd think you were being defensive but the boy glanced at someone who was in the other room.

"Got her, you want to take her in or just question her?" The blond asked as a taller boy who looked a lot like Izzy ducked into the room.

"You sure you don't know my sister, she knows you." He asked gently, watching you glance away nervously. "Just tell us the last time you saw her and we won't tell anyone where to find you."

"I can't she's my friend." You mumbled, your hair deepening in shade and suddenly becoming a fluorescent orangey red.

"Um, she's getting really nervous we should back off." The blond warned.

"I'm sorry but we need to know where she is, I need to know she's safe." The other boy insisted.

"I told her last week that she should get away... she's stressed and upset a lot of the time, it isn't fair Izzy's nice, she's always nice to us." You huffed and the boys nodded.

"Thank you, if you hear from her will you tell Magnus, you don't have to come to the Clave." You nodded, glancing at the blond who smirked as your hair flushed a bright pink.

************************************************

"Izzy, I should not be here." You sighed as she fussed over your dress.

"I don't care, you are my friend and if the Clave won't listen to me... then I'll just bring you all along." Izzy huffed.

"But it's a big meal to celebrate the decline in Downworlders... I shouldn't be here." You sighed as your hair turned so black Izzy was sure it could swallow the room.

"I'll be right back I'm just going to talk to Simon." She smiled and hurried off, leaving you standing alone as Shadowhunters milled around you, not wanting to get close.

You spotted Jace stood watching you, relived when the butterfly's that normally filled your body didn't wake at the sight of him. Until he winked at you, smiling smugly to himself when your hair changed colour.

"Brave of you to come alone." He muttered, his voice dazing you as you stared in slight aw of the boy.

"I didn't Izzy... was here." You looked around to find her gone.

"She's escorting Simon... you need a new date." He chuckled when Izzy rushed back and made you jump, reluctantly letting Izzy pull you away. "You owe me some fairy dust Tink." He mumbled in your ear before he moved off and vanished in the crowd.

*************************************************

"Tink you home, we need a favour." Jace called, pushing his way into your home without much thought, breaking into a grin when he saw you.

"You know it's still polite to knock, it hasn't gone out of fashion." You sighed and rolled your eyes as he shrugged.

"Your homes' made of silk and silver, there's no door to knock on." He smiled when you nodded and sat on a dainty chair.

"What can I help you with this time?" You sighed and looked up at him. "Have you lost Izzy again?"

"No, we need some information from your queen but I said I'd ask you first." He accepted your offer to sit as he explained what they wanted.

"You understand that the only one of us who knows the answer is the Seelie Queen, why come to me at all?" You grumbled.

"Haven't seen you in a while, was feeling a little lost without you Tink." He smiled when you giggled, your hair changing to a vibrant rainbow of colours. "Beautiful." He whispered to himself.

"I'm sorry Jace I can't help you." your answer didn't surprise him, you figured he already know there's absolutely no hope of you being able to help.

"There is one more thing you could do for the Clave." He said suddenly, turning to face you as he headed to the door. "Kiss the nearest Shadowhunter."

"What would that do for the good of the Clave?" You giggled as he shrugged.

"Encourage a Shadowhunter to work harder to keep peace?" He offered as an answer, his breath catching in his throat as you moved in, pushing up on your tip toes as he leant down and pressed a gentle kiss to your lips.

"Are you encouraged?" You asked curiously.

"Maybe, I'll tell you when I remember my name." He hummed, tangling his hands in your hair as he deepened the kiss.